Cake That Tastes Like Coffee

Baking By just4fun26 Updated 3 Oct 2013 , 9:18am by cazza1

just4fun26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just4fun26 Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 1:49pm
post #1 of 12

AI've received a request for a cake that incorporates coffee so much so that the coffee can be tasted. Does anyone have a recipe like this? Thanks.

11 replies
BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 2:11pm
post #2 of 12

I replace the water with coffee and throw a a couple of tsp of finely ground espresso. Personally I only us real italian espresso. Mine is in a silver can...not sure of the brand

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 2:29pm
post #3 of 12

I think it's Nielsen Massey that makes a coffee extract too, if you want some extra oomph.

Matchmaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Matchmaker Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 3:21pm
post #4 of 12

A

Original message sent by just4fun26

I've received a request for a cake that incorporates coffee so much so that the coffee can be tasted. Does anyone have a recipe like this? Thanks.

Matchmaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Matchmaker Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 3:41pm
post #5 of 12

ARed Velvet Cake 2 cups Flour 1tsp Baking Soda 1tsp Baking Powder 1tsp Salt 2 Tbls Cocoa Powder 2 Cups Sugar 1Cup Vegetable Oil 2 Eggs 1 Cup Buttermilk 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract 2 Tbls Red Food Color 1 tsp White Distilled Vinegar 1/2 cup coffee (I use Folgers Vanilla Biscotti) k-cups Set oven to 325 1. In a large bowl, whisk dry ingredients, all but the sugar. 2. In your mixer put the sugar and Vegetable oil and mix then add eggs one at a time then Buttermilk, Vanilla, Red Food Color being careful, then White Vinegar and Coffee. Scrape down sides. 3. Add the dry little by little scraping down the sides of the bowl ever so often. I bake mine for 30 min's then let cool 10 min's and wrap in industrial strength plastic wrap I bought at Costco. It is in a huge box for 12 dollars and will last a long time. I wrap each layer about three times separately and freeze for at least a day. Longer if I don't need the cake right away. Works great for cupcakes also. Then frost with cream cheese frosting. So good !!! People rave on this cake!!! Hope you enjoy it.

just4fun26 Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 4:32pm
post #6 of 12

AAwesome! Thank you all for your help. Coffee cake here I come (although since I hate coffee I won't be test tasting this one)

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 4:46pm
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by just4fun26 

Awesome! Thank you all for your help. Coffee cake here I come (although since I hate coffee I won't be test tasting this one)

So sorry to hear - Beverage of choice for me.  Anyway, is there anyone that can help taste for you? Getting that rich coffee flavor is going to need tasting, in my opinion :)

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 5:01pm
post #8 of 12

I volunteer!!!

just4fun26 Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 5:32pm
post #9 of 12

AYes, my fiance drinks coffee all day. He will taste it for me.

Arnoldcombs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Arnoldcombs Posted 3 Oct 2013 , 6:45am
post #10 of 12

AHere's a recipe that you might want to read through…it might be just what you're looking for-- Coffee Caramel Cake Recipe here http://www.dailycuppacoffee.com/coffee-recipes-ice-cream-cakes/cakes-pastries/coffee-caramel-cake-recipe. I like coffee but if it overpoowers the cake then I'd rather just eat a coffee soufle or something, you know?

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 3 Oct 2013 , 8:37am
post #11 of 12

And now I'm craving coffee cake...  and I haven't even had breakfast yet!

:-D

Suzanne x

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 3 Oct 2013 , 9:18am
post #12 of 12

I just picked up 6 bags of coffee from the post office.  I get it from a place in Victoria that roasts every week.  The smell was driving the post office staff mad cos the coffee you buy in my town is so old it has no smell.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%