Looking For Inspiration/help With Design

Decorating By justleeanne Updated 1 Sep 2013 , 2:58pm by kaylawaylalayla

justleeanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justleeanne Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 10:35am
post #1 of 4

AHi everyone,

I'm hoping some of you creative people can help me with some inspiration here!

I am doing 4 cakes for display. So far I have a tall cone shaped wafer paper cake with bling on. A 3 tier all white cake with silver bling ribbon, quilting on bottom tier with silver dragees and large white paste bows on top tier (double height) and middle tier. I've done a small 2 tier with pink board, bottom tier double height white covered in rose petals, top tier pink with white rose on. I wish I could post pics of these.

I have a double height 8", double height 6" left to do in a two tier design and I am stumped!! I'm wanting to do something white and another colour, have duck egg in mind and keep it really clean and fresh looking like the other two, they're really simple and modern looking, does anybody have any ideas for a design that may fit in with these other 3 cakes. I definitely need to keep the white & a colour so that aesthetically it will go with the ones I have already done!

3 replies
kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 1 Sep 2013 , 8:38am
post #2 of 4

ADamask? In colors that complement the other cakes?

Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 1 Sep 2013 , 9:49am
post #3 of 4

AWhat about quarter foil in silver over your duck egg blue-that's really trendy now Damask is classic You can do white with duck egg as your accent color (or brown even) Chevron, Ruffles, Ombré I am really digging the quarter foil right now, you can google duck egg and wallpaper to see what kind of patterns you want. I find inspiration in the craziest places, I see almost everything in cake now!

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 1 Sep 2013 , 2:58pm
post #4 of 4

AI love quatre foil!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%