Roses For Wedding Cake

Decorating By Sweet Swirls Updated 27 Aug 2013 , 7:32am by sarahgracedelro

Sweet Swirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet Swirls Posted 26 Aug 2013 , 2:35am
post #1 of 16

AI am looking for a good tutorial to make jumbo roses for a wedding cake in December. I would appreciate any guidance or suggestions. I am also looking for that rosy color that Cotton & Crumbs uses on their roses. If you could share any knowledge on that would be great. Also, if you know if Cotton & Crumbs does any on line course. I looked on line and I could only find a class being given in Barcelona. I am hoping all my baking experts out there can help me. Thank you!

15 replies
morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 26 Aug 2013 , 2:37am
post #2 of 16

AAre these roses made out of buttercream or flower/sugar paste?

Sweet Swirls Posted 26 Aug 2013 , 2:41am
post #3 of 16

AThey would be made out of sugarpaste.

morganchampagne Posted 26 Aug 2013 , 3:16am
post #4 of 16

AOk. I saw a tutorial once on doing large roses out of sugarpaste! I'm searching for it if I find it ill post the link here!

Sweet Swirls Posted 26 Aug 2013 , 3:19am
post #5 of 16

AThank you so much, I really appreciate you looking for it. :smile:

morganchampagne Posted 26 Aug 2013 , 3:29am
post #6 of 16

AOk I couldn't find the tutorial that I saw...but! There's a video by a lady named Edna. She's making the large roses. She's using something called gum paste but don't worry, it's the same thing! Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k7jczwKVAk&feature=related

She has a strong accent but she's really really talented! If you don't like that one there's some similar videos that will come up and maybe you could find one you like.

Sweet Swirls Posted 26 Aug 2013 , 3:38am
post #7 of 16

AMorganchampagne, thank you so much!

morganchampagne Posted 26 Aug 2013 , 3:40am
post #8 of 16

ANo problem! I hope it helps

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 26 Aug 2013 , 3:53am
post #9 of 16

The sugar artist is Edna De La Cruz - here is her website  -  http://www.designmeacake.com/

Sweet Swirls Posted 26 Aug 2013 , 3:55am
post #10 of 16

AJWinslow, thank you as well. I was looking at her web site. She does beautiful work. I appreciate the time you took to look and reply. Thank you!

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 26 Aug 2013 , 12:59pm
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Swirls 

JWinslow, thank you as well. I was looking at her web site. She does beautiful work. I appreciate the time you took to look and reply. Thank you!

Edna has many Utube videos on a variety of different subjects.  Glad I could help :)

Sweet Swirls Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 4:06am
post #12 of 16

AFor those of you looking for additional tutorials, I found a tutorial by Cotton & Crumbs from the UK. It is provided on Cake Masters. There is a fee attached. I took a first try at a rose tonight and posted it for you. Thanks for everyone for their assistance.[IMG ALT=""]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3087730/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

Nadiaa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nadiaa Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 4:12am
post #13 of 16

Nice work on your first attempt!! Your rose is lovely. I can't wait to see pics of the cake!

Sweet Swirls Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 4:57am
post #14 of 16

AThanks Nadiaa. It will be a while. This is for a cake in December, but I will post the picture when I am done. I am just practicing now because the roses will definately make the final touch on the cake. The rose I made is small, the bride wants 3 jumbo roses. It is a vintage style cake.

Nadiaa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nadiaa Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 5:30am
post #15 of 16

It sounds beautiful.

sarahgracedelro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahgracedelro Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 7:32am
post #16 of 16

it looks like delicious and sweets.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%