I'm A Newby With A Question......

Decorating By LorrieFox Updated 22 Aug 2013 , 4:31pm by LorrieFox

LorrieFox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LorrieFox Posted 21 Aug 2013 , 9:18pm
post #1 of 6

AI have done cakes in the past in my spare time but now am staying at home and have advertised that I'm making cakes again well.....I have had orders since day one most cakes are needed on the weekend so I bake and freeze the cAkes but my question is how can I store my decorated cakes and for how long. My cakes are box mix with added ingredients eggs, oil,water sour cream or yogurt etc. My frosting is buttercream with favouring Crisco corn syrup. My cakes are buttercream ans some fondant decorations. Any info will be greatly appreciated! Oh fyi all my cakes have to be done Friday night as I work on Saturdays. This week's have 4 !! Thanks so much!!

5 replies
ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 21 Aug 2013 , 9:57pm
post #2 of 6

Wednesday night pull the frozen cakes out and put in frig over night to thaw.

Thursday A.M. split, fill and crumb coat and put in frig.  

Thursday evening ice cakes and put back in frig for the night.

Friday A.M. decorate..put back in frig until time of pickup/delivery.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 22 Aug 2013 , 1:07am
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LorrieFox 

how can I store my decorated cakes and for how long.

You can store at room temp on the counter and they won't dry out because the BC seals it.  A sealed cake will start to mold (in about two weeks) sooner than it will go stale.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 22 Aug 2013 , 2:43am
post #4 of 6

AAnd my timeline probably will not work on scratch recipes.

whiteangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whiteangel Posted 22 Aug 2013 , 2:48am
post #5 of 6

Can't you just box a fully decorated cake wrapped in plastic wrap and put in freezer?  That should last for a good month if not more.  Do a search on here on freezing fondant cakes.  Add flowers and other tall details after it has thawed and dried. 

I am planning to do this in the future

LorrieFox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LorrieFox Posted 22 Aug 2013 , 4:29pm
post #6 of 6

Athank you all a bunch I live in a very small town so I don't box my cakes to expensive and too far to drive to purchase :-( I will plan on using the timeline thanks a million!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%