Boob/bra Cake Without Fondant?

Decorating By T-Breakz Updated 20 Aug 2013 , 3:23am by T-Breakz

T-Breakz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
T-Breakz Posted 20 Aug 2013 , 2:39am
post #1 of 3

I'm planning to make a boob/bra cake for a colleague. I noticed that most uses fondant especially to cover the boobs. Is there any way not to use fondant? I was thinking to pour skin coloured white chocolate to cover the boobs and use ganache for the bra patterns...would that work? I'm not sure if the white choc will give a smooth surface for the boob part though..any advice or opinions??

2 replies
BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 20 Aug 2013 , 2:56am
post #2 of 3

AI do them in buttercream all the time. There's a trick to smoothing round surfaces though. I use a business card that I hold curved to go over the icing.

T-Breakz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
T-Breakz Posted 20 Aug 2013 , 3:23am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandisBaked 

I do them in buttercream all the time. There's a trick to smoothing round surfaces though. I use a business card that I hold curved to go over the icing.

Actually I never use buttercream on my cakes, I used fresh cream instead as the people who eat my cakes don't like buttercream. They find it too creamy or too sweet. And I have to say I suck in smoothing fresh cream..I did try using your method before but instead of business card, I used a hard plastic (saw it in youtube) but it didn't work..I think I just suck at it :(

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%