Disturbing Cake Requests?

Business By AnimalGirl91 Updated 24 Sep 2013 , 12:15pm by AnimalGirl91

scwright Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scwright Posted 20 Aug 2013 , 11:43am
post #31 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrumdiddlycakes 

"i'm sorry, i'm fully booked for that day"
"i'm sorry, I don't provide that style of cake, let me refer you to another bakery"
"i'm sorry, i'm not comfortable executing the design you have requested, let me refer you to another bakery"
"you are gross , go away!"

LOL my thoughts exactly!!! I don't do x-rated cakes for anyone!

BAKEDbyTristan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BAKEDbyTristan Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 4:56am
post #32 of 42

very well said! I respect that fully. I don't like doing "gross cakes" and I'm talking about blood, zombie, blahhh....I just don't like that style. It's not me. It's not my forte and I'm okay with that. BUT I know that...and I am very happy to say "Sorry, that's not really my style..." referring them to another bakery is great idea too. I understand that you wanted to par take in this person's  journey, and THAT is what makes this story awesome. Regardless of whether it was your 'style ' or not; you did it for the principle....... Karma points headed your way, home girl.

AnimalGirl91 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnimalGirl91 Posted 6 Sep 2013 , 5:00am
post #33 of 42

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKEDbyTristan 

very well said! I respect that fully. I don't like doing "gross cakes" and I'm talking about blood, zombie, blahhh....I just don't like that style. It's not me. It's not my forte and I'm okay with that. BUT I know that...and I am very happy to say "Sorry, that's not really my style..." referring them to another bakery is great idea too. I understand that you wanted to par take in this person's  journey, and THAT is what makes this story awesome. Regardless of whether it was your 'style ' or not; you did it for the principle....... Karma points headed your way, home girl.

This! thank-you 

:smile:

CupcakeMoma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupcakeMoma Posted 12 Sep 2013 , 8:59pm
post #34 of 42

AI would have said no for sure. I dont do anything that I dont want or cant do. I had a order for a boob cake once, they wanted nude boobs. I told them I can do boobs in a bathing suit or a bra but not nude. They ended up getting boobs in a pink/white dot bra. it was very cute and they loved it. Dont be afraid to say no, its your name that will be rubbed in the mud not theirs. I just dont want to be known for doing those types of cakes, i have a classic/classy style and I'm sticking to it!

BomCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BomCakes Posted 13 Sep 2013 , 7:03am
post #35 of 42

I don't do adult themed cakes either. The customer is NOT always right. No matter what anyone tells you. They are Not entitled to anything you feel uncomfortable making.  I have worked in retail for decades and can finally just say that out loud and I mean it!

I don't have qualms about breaking up with a customer if after great service, nothing I can do will make her/him happy. There are plenty more where she came from, and who needs the stress? I KNOW I bend over backward for my cake buyers. It's not about money.

I had a girl a while back who placed an order. It was her second order, so I thought we were friendly. She loved her first cake.  I left a message a few days before her cake was due to ask if there were any changes, but needed (what ever) details from her before I could bake it. So I needed to know as soon as she could let me. She never got back, so I left another message the next day "Hey I need this info ASAP so I can get ingredients and the cake baked, etc ..cheerful like always, smiley face. (ASAP=as soon as possible, which means just that)

She finally FB'd me and said "OK. I'll let you know what I decide, ASAP."   Intuition said "uh-oh"   So I waited to see if she'd be forthcoming with the info.. FB'd one more time before firing up the oven "Hey, baking today, need to know your info, hope to hear back :-P "

Her next message? " I'll let you know, ASAP."

UN friended her and I don't care where she gets her next cake. I do not want her money because of the disrespect that would come with it.

YOU are the person making the super fancy, covered in everything, custom to their specs, excellent tasting masterpiece for their once in a lifetime event! They need you!

Be friendly, but firm!.

MomMakesCakesAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomMakesCakesAZ Posted 14 Sep 2013 , 11:29pm
post #36 of 42

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrumdiddlycakes 

"i'm sorry, i'm fully booked for that day"
"i'm sorry, I don't provide that style of cake, let me refer you to another bakery"
"i'm sorry, i'm not comfortable executing the design you have requested, let me refer you to another bakery"
"you are gross , go away!"

Love that last one!!

It took me a while to figure out that I don't actually have to please every single person who contacts me, especially when they try to 'negotiate' my already super-low prices...

luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 17 Sep 2013 , 3:34pm
post #37 of 42

I just ran across this thread and had to agree with the others, only make what you are comfortable with. I had a request for a "sperm cake" once and I declined. I like what someone else said about having a style from cute to pretty... the tacky and bizarre just aren't my forte. The bottom line is that it is your business and do you really want your name associated with a cake you are not comfortable making?

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 23 Sep 2013 , 2:19am
post #38 of 42

AI say that I don't do anatomically correct cakes or break copyright laws I have also turned down takes that were in bad taste or that just don't fit with my business. Its my business and I have standards . If I wont put my name on it, i won't do it

Whirlwind Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Whirlwind Posted 24 Sep 2013 , 5:08am
post #39 of 42

AOmg this is too funny, in a ridiculous kind of way AnimalGirl, would you pm me a pic of it? i have to see this

CakeChemistry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeChemistry Posted 24 Sep 2013 , 6:04am
post #40 of 42

A'I'm a nun. I have no idea about my own anatomy, never mind a boy's'. Whilst singing do re me and wearing a dress fashioned from your nana's curtains. And maybe a headscarf.

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 24 Sep 2013 , 8:40am
post #41 of 42

AAnd hanging from the trees along the road.

AnimalGirl91 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnimalGirl91 Posted 24 Sep 2013 , 12:15pm
post #42 of 42

:-DQuote:

Originally Posted by CakeChemistry 

'I'm a nun. I have no idea about my own anatomy, never mind a boy's'. Whilst singing do re me and wearing a dress fashioned from your nana's curtains. And maybe a headscarf.

im sorry im in fits right now!!! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%