Cannot Find The Information....

Business By LadiiBugKakes Updated 17 Aug 2013 , 2:23am by LadiiBugKakes

LadiiBugKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadiiBugKakes Posted 17 Aug 2013 , 1:54am
post #1 of 5

AI read it somewhere in the threads but I cannot seem to find it anymore. I was looking for the thread/post about having to submit recipes, I am going to be moving to Prospect, VA and wanting to start my own home business. Someone mention that you need to submit all recipes that you plan on using. My question is Are we suppose to submit a recipe even if it came out of a made from scratch cake book?

4 replies
justdesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justdesserts Posted 17 Aug 2013 , 2:00am
post #2 of 5

Yes, if you get licensed and inspected, you have to submit every recipe you plan to sell for approval. Now, I don't know if you have to submit recipes if using the new cottage law....I haven't read up on that.

LadiiBugKakes Posted 17 Aug 2013 , 2:07am
post #3 of 5

A

Original message sent by justdesserts

Yes, if you get licensed and inspected, you have to submit [I]every[/I] recipe you plan to sell for approval. Now, I don't know if you have to submit recipes if using the new cottage law....I haven't read up on that.

I have been trying to read about the CFL but it can be a little bit confusing. Is it fairly hard to get inspected and license.

justdesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justdesserts Posted 17 Aug 2013 , 2:15am
post #4 of 5

It wasn't all that hard....I felt a little overwhelmed at first by the information, but it wasn't too bad. My inspector is really nice, and VDACS has always been helpful. Contact the VDACS office, and they'll send you a packet of all the info you need. icon_biggrin.gif I had to submit my recipes, flow chart of each recipe, sample labels, sketch of my kitchen, get my water tested, and I don't remember what else. It took some time for me to get everything together, but now I'm glad to be able to say I'm licensed and inspected! :)

LadiiBugKakes Posted 17 Aug 2013 , 2:23am
post #5 of 5

A

Original message sent by justdesserts

It wasn't all that hard....I felt a little overwhelmed at first by the information, but it wasn't too bad. My inspector is really nice, and VDACS has always been helpful. Contact the VDACS office, and they'll send you a packet of all the info you need. :D I had to submit my recipes, flow chart of each recipe, sample labels, sketch of my kitchen, get my water tested, and I don't remember what else. It took some time for me to get everything together, but now I'm glad to be able to say I'm licensed and inspected! :)

If you can do it I can too. That does seem like a lot of information to take in. What do you mean flow chart of recipes, and sample labels? If you rather PM feel free.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%