Friday Night Cake Club 8/16/13

Decorating By catlharper Updated 20 Aug 2013 , 3:53am by auntginn

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 19 Aug 2013 , 3:25am
post #31 of 37

well, now that is just TOO cool!  What a great feeling eh?

just4fun26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just4fun26 Posted 19 Aug 2013 , 4:36am
post #32 of 37

AYes!!! Next up, lemon cake with blackberry preserves, undecided on the icing, probably vanilla.

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 19 Aug 2013 , 12:48pm
post #33 of 37

Well the company cancelled my claw feet for my next cake stand icon_cry.gif But I just finished this one up and it is ready to ship! The buyer is using it Friday for an Asian themed cake. I can't wait to see it! (It's the black one) http://www.norfolkbatterupcake.com/hand-crafted-cake-stands.html

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 19 Aug 2013 , 5:37pm
post #34 of 37

Batter Up, I didn't see a cake stand with claw feet icon_cry.gif  I so.. was looking forward to that.  Will check again later.

BatterUpCake Posted 19 Aug 2013 , 5:40pm
post #35 of 37

Vandyke restorers oversold them and cancelled my order. Then I tried ordering a Queen Anne set and they only had 1 foot left. I am going to keep checking with them, but I cannot pay $30 per foot. I would never be able to sell the stand

BatterUpCake Posted 20 Aug 2013 , 2:10am
post #36 of 37

Well I decided to splurge and order the others on clearance but 2x as much as the others.I just really want to make this one and if I cant sell it I'll just keep it. Thinking 16 or 18"

Anyhow I just had an amusing event. I was just chatting with a friend whose birthday cake I made about 3 weeks ago. She said she got out the fondant rose from the freezer because she was craving sweets. Whenshe went to eat it she found a piece of metal in it!! lol. The flower wire of course. I explained to her that they usually aren't eaten. But her...a chef...says why wouldn't I eat it? It's edible! Umm...dirt is edible...so are insects. ButI'm not going to eat it! lol

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 20 Aug 2013 , 3:53am
post #37 of 37

Oh... Now that could be scary.  

I so want to see that base!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%