Moldeling Chocolate

Decorating By joejenn06 Updated 23 Aug 2013 , 9:49pm by mermaidcakery

joejenn06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joejenn06 Posted 16 Aug 2013 , 8:37pm
post #1 of 9

Ok so i bought Choco-pan modeling chocolate white and its super soft, is there a way to make it not so soft. And will it hold up?

8 replies
joejenn06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joejenn06 Posted 21 Aug 2013 , 11:37am
post #2 of 9

no one working with molding chocolate?

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 21 Aug 2013 , 11:51am
post #3 of 9

AModeling chocolate is, by nature, very soft. With fondant, you can add tylose. Modeling chocolate is just a very different animal.

I have no suggestions for making it hard. Wait! I do. Temperature is the only thing Incan think of. Placingnitnin the fridge will make it a bit harder.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 22 Aug 2013 , 7:28pm
post #4 of 9

Quote:

Originally Posted by joejenn06 

no one working with molding chocolate?

joejenn06: Working with homemade Modeling Chocolate. YES!  Ever used commercial Choco-Pan. No.

With a candy bar and a bottle of corn syrup I make modeling chocolate, but it is not something I'd roll on a cake.  I think it'd tear & break in a large sheet. So it's best for cut outs & accents.

I think the softness of the Choco-Pan would make it nice for making roses thought.  I'll bet it also drapes like a dream.  You may be able to 'dust' with sifted cocoa powder to add a bit of stiffness. I've don't that with modeling choc.

Hope you find someone who covers cakes with Choco-Pan, it sounds like a good quality tasty fondant.

mermaidcakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mermaidcakery Posted 22 Aug 2013 , 10:37pm
post #5 of 9

ACheck out this site. http://www.wickedgoodies.net/. I think she is on here on cake central. She is all about making your own, but has good info about how to treat it, what to use it for, etc.

MBalaska Posted 23 Aug 2013 , 3:31am
post #6 of 9

mermaidcakery:  Well blow me down, I just bought that book.  It is absolutely stunning, especially in it's use of color.  I had already given up on making White Chocolate modeling chocolate, however after reading her recipe page, I'll try it her way.  fingers crossed.......

mermaidcakery Posted 23 Aug 2013 , 4:53am
post #7 of 9

ASo far I have just used the website, but I would love to get the book. I would love to see if I could cover a cake with it.

MBalaska Posted 23 Aug 2013 , 9:21am
post #8 of 9

Thank You Kristen Coniaris from website  http://www.wickedgoodies.net/.

Wherever you are.  I have thrown several pounds of real white chocolate & white confectioners coating in the trash this year, trying to make white & multi-colored modeling chocolate.  When mermaidcakery mentioned your website I pulled out your book, 'Cake Decorating with Modeling Chocolate'. 

Bingo !!!! It worked.  I made my first white modeling chocolate rose.  Not great but it's a start......

mermaidcakery Posted 23 Aug 2013 , 9:49pm
post #9 of 9

AThat book is going on my Christmas list this year for sure. Glad to see someone else has it, it's great to get another opinion

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%