Ladybug Cake And Cupcake

Decorating By cakeforkai Updated 14 Aug 2013 , 6:08pm by cakeforkai

cakeforkai Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeforkai Posted 14 Aug 2013 , 4:19am
post #1 of 6

AHi, on august 30, ive planned to do a baby shower and the theme is LADY BUGS... i want to do the cupcakes in red liners and the frosting to resemble a lady bug...question is what would i use to incorporate in the red icing to look like the lady bugs' spots....also I'm doing a fondant cake 6'...with green fondant and a trail of ladybugs going across...this isnt my first time using fondant, ive made ducks with it before...for my gender reveal party. Any helpful hints would be appreciated??

5 replies
Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 14 Aug 2013 , 5:05am
post #2 of 6

AYou can make fondant toppers for the tops of the cupcakes if you want, so you can make the wings, spots, etc. But if you just want something for the spots you can use black round sprinkles, candy melts, chocolate chips upside down for smaller spots, or use a small circle cutter or bottom of a piping nozzle to cut out black fondant circles-let harden.

I'm not sure what kind of tips you want for your cake though...how to cover a cake with fondant? Design ideas?

cakeforkai Posted 14 Aug 2013 , 4:39pm
post #3 of 6

ASorry so vague abput the cake but yeah I'm looking for design ideas

scwright Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scwright Posted 14 Aug 2013 , 4:54pm
post #4 of 6

There are a number of ways you can go about doing a ladybug back for your cupcakes, you can pipe black dots on top or you can use black candy balls or pearls or you can make fondant circles. Do a google search for ladybug cupcakes and cakes and you'll get a variety of cakes that you can draw inspiration from pick one that you can successfully do and go from there.  Don't forget to post pics!

Paperfishies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paperfishies Posted 14 Aug 2013 , 5:59pm
post #5 of 6

I know this isn't exactly what you asked...but corrie cakes just posted the cutest lady bug cake, maybe you can pull some inspiration from that.  The fondant lady bugs are really easy to make.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=454781024619555&set=pb.144212145676446.-2207520000.1376503175.&type=3&theater

cakeforkai Posted 14 Aug 2013 , 6:08pm
post #6 of 6

AThat is beautiful and yes i will post pictures...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%