Does The 2:1 Ganache Ever Soften?

Decorating By ellavanilla Updated 20 Aug 2013 , 1:18pm by SugaredSaffron

ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 19 Aug 2013 , 7:42pm
post #31 of 35

i tried to cover my ganache covered cake with fondant and the fondant just tore everywhere! icon_sad.gif

Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 19 Aug 2013 , 7:55pm
post #32 of 35

ADid you let the ganache set up? Either way it should take fondant, it's just super easy to cover when it's firm. Maybe I shouldn't say that if you are having problems still, I'm sorry!

SugaredSaffron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredSaffron Posted 20 Aug 2013 , 10:40am
post #33 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadesan 

N.B: Sorry to hijack your post ellavanilla but its also a ganache question (in the UK).

Hi LisaPeps and Sugared Saffron; I notice you are both from the UK too so please may I ask you a question? I actually posted this on another thread but have only had one reply. Can you both please tell me what is the name of the best chocolate here in the UK you use for making your milk, dark and especially your white ganache please? Thanks ladies.

Here's what I posted on my previous thread;

"Hello fellow UK bakers. I have always used buttercream under all my fondant covered cakes for years. However; I really would love to give ganache a try and possibly convert to it if successful in making a good ganache. I have read horror stories where the ganache didn't set up hard under the cake and was 'squidgy' and melted under the fondant. This has therefore been the only reason I've been reluctant to ever attempt making ganache. I have thoroughly read up on ganache and the appropriate cream (Whipping Cream with 35% fat content if I'm right) to chocolate ratio and now feel more ready to 'take the bull by the horns' and actually make ganache for a cake trial.

Please can anyone kindly tell me from their experiences; what is the best brand or the name of the; Dark, Milk, and especially WHITE chocolate they use to make their ganache; regardless of price. What supermarkets, websites or shops sell them please. Any advice will be immensely appreciated. Thanks in advance! icon_smile.gif"

I use callebaut now for milk, dark and white chocolate ganache. I think I used to use becolade and I didn't like the texture of the white chocolate gananche. There may be better brands for white, I always add vanilla to it as well. White choc ganache is just a lot more tempremental in imo, dark gananche sets quickly and is very firm which is great for sugarpaste whilst white is softer although still a lot firmer than buttercream.

Kadesan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kadesan Posted 20 Aug 2013 , 10:57am
post #34 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugaredSaffron 

I use callebaut now for milk, dark and white chocolate ganache. I think I used to use becolade and I didn't like the texture of the white chocolate gananche. There may be better brands for white, I always add vanilla to it as well. White choc ganache is just a lot more tempremental in imo, dark gananche sets quickly and is very firm which is great for sugarpaste whilst white is softer although still a lot firmer than buttercream.

Thanks for the hint Sugared Saffron icon_smile.gif. Please what supermarket / shop can I buy it from.

SugaredSaffron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredSaffron Posted 20 Aug 2013 , 1:18pm
post #35 of 35

I know you can but it online and at cash and carry sort of shops, bookers, makro and that sort of place.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%