Wedding

Decorating By liveyloce Updated 12 Aug 2013 , 4:01am by liveyloce

liveyloce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liveyloce Posted 12 Aug 2013 , 12:13am
post #1 of 6

I have a bride that has ordered a two tier buttercream cake, a sheet cake grooms cake and 500 cupcakes. My question can i bake all of the cakes and cup cakes now? Can I take out the two tier cake 5 days before and decorate and fridge/freeze as same as the grooms cake? Also with the 500 cup cakes can I buttercream them and put them in boxes in the freezer and then take them out the day of. This is one of the largest orders I have had and all i have is a regular fridge/freezer and a 4ft long 3ft deep 2ft wide freeze, but I do have some other fridge space. Please help lol Oh and do you think I can butter cream and fondant a cake today and tomorrow and have it be okay on friday?

5 replies
Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 12 Aug 2013 , 1:16am
post #2 of 6

Bake the cakes now and fill and buttercream, freeze the wedding cake until Wednesday night, then set it on your counter to decorate on Thursday. Bake the cupcakes Wednesday and get them in the boxes and buttecream them and freeze them once you get the wedding cake out Wednesday night, til until you take them to the venue on Friday.

Take the sheet cake out of the freezer on Thursday morning when you decorate the wedding cake. Decorate on Friday morning. 

Your cake will be NASTY on Friday if you bake it now without freezing. 

liveyloce Posted 12 Aug 2013 , 3:30am
post #3 of 6

Okay, so that helps with the cake I have this Friday. My wedding is on the 30th is there any way to prepare things now ahead of time? I have a full time art teaching job and do not have all day to do these 2 cakes and 500 cupcakes. I've never done a wedding before, so this is a learning job lol Thanks for the help

Annabakescakes Posted 12 Aug 2013 , 3:49am
post #4 of 6

AIf you have the space! I would go ahead and bake, fill, crumb coat and freeze a tier or two a day of the cake, each day. Freeze hard, then tightly wrap with Saran Wrap, and foil, then stick back in. Cake is good for several months if it is wrapped well. Do the sheet cake too.

For the cupcakes, you can do the same. Bake and take out of pan immediately so the liners don't get soggy. Box them, fill and buttercream, then freeze solid, wrap the whole box tightly, and put back in freezer.

You can make decorations and put in boxes or baggies depending on whether they are flat or bulky, and either let them harden or wrap to stay soft. This can be done now, just keep out of light and store properly.

Make you fondant or tint it on Monday before. Make icing Tuesday. Take cake out Wednesday night and put fondant on Thursday, and add premade decorations, same as grooms cake. If the cupcakes are decorated, let thaw wrapped in box on Thursday night, and add declarations before you leave.

Just have everything ready before you need it. Start NOW.

Annabakescakes Posted 12 Aug 2013 , 3:50am
post #5 of 6

AYou'll want to take the cake out and unwrap, then box, so your crumb coat doesn't damage or get all soggy with condensation.

liveyloce Posted 12 Aug 2013 , 4:01am
post #6 of 6

THANK YOU!!! I feel much much much more at easy I am working on the two tier fondant cake and cupcakes due Thursday for pick up. Got the cakes done and cooling :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%