Anyone Else Having Trouble With Sweetwise Site?

Decorating By milkmaid42 Updated 12 Aug 2013 , 12:40am by mbranko24

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 9:05pm
post #1 of 3

I've enjoyed shopping with Sweetwise and really love my Matt. I was excited with the expansion of their product line and definitely happy to see the free shipping, no minimum offer come into my in box. I set up a large, (for me, that is) order and when I got to the billing page I didn't see any code for the free shipping offer. I stopped, called the tel # to inquire before continuing but it went to voice mail. I left my number for a call back but received no response. I did this for three days with the same result. Finally I deleted the order, then the next day the same offer was repeated in my e-mail, advising me that the time was limited. So I went back to the site but when it came up I was given the warning that the site had been reported as a "phishing" site in the effort to obtain bank info. I had thought the "too good to be true" offer was simply to generate more interest in their new product line, but now I wonder if it was to obtain the said bank info. As timid as I am about shopping on line, (and, unfortunately with no cake stores nearby that is the way I have to obtain my supplies), I am not about to shop there anymore. 

Have any of you experienced difficulty with Sweetwise? I'm saddened for they seemed like a good company.

Jan

2 replies
carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 12 Aug 2013 , 12:40am
post #2 of 3

AI just made a big order from them with no problem. You put the free shipping code in the space that allows for coupons and gift certificates and it will apply at checkout. I used PayPal. Oh.. And the code is FREESHIPPING

mbranko24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbranko24 Posted 12 Aug 2013 , 12:40am
post #3 of 3

AThe only issue I have ever had with them is their exorbitant shipping prices.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%