Cream Cheese Filling

Baking By voncie Updated 15 Aug 2013 , 2:53pm by kaylawaylalayla

voncie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
voncie Posted 10 Aug 2013 , 9:24pm
post #1 of 20

hello there

i want to surprise my fiance with his favorite cake...red velvet. We usually buy it from a bakery but i want to bake one for him...im not ready to try it from scratch just yet..but i would like to make the cream cheese filling for it. What is the easiest way to make creamy smooth cream cheese filling for this cake?well when i say creamy i meant more to the taste

i truly love this man and hes coming home soon from being in a place where the food has no taste and i want him to really enjoy this! i want him to like it so much that he will be almost forced to try and make a better one himself! thanks all to who comments and gives their suggestions.

19 replies
as you wish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ivenusca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ivenusca Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 2:40pm
post #3 of 20

Make sure to use some cheese cream flavoring (you can get it from Walmart, look in the baking supplies section).  As cream cheese itself doesn't have much of a flavor.  

as you wish Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 3:08pm
post #4 of 20

A

Original message sent by ivenusca

Make sure to use some cheese cream flavoring (you can get it from Walmart, look in the baking supplies section).  As cream cheese itself doesn't have much of a flavor.  

Really? I think it has a very distinct flavour.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 15 Aug 2013 , 5:44am
post #5 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by as you wish 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivenusca 

Really? I think it has a very distinct flavour.

I think it has HUGE flavor! I love the stuff, and make it a practice to gnaw the little bits off the wrapper when I use it. 

cakefat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefat Posted 15 Aug 2013 , 6:59am
post #6 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivenusca 

You must be a wind up because why would you add some nasty fake stuff to real cream cheese when it already has a great flavor on it's own?? 

Real cream cheese has a very strong (and yummy) flavor. 

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 15 Aug 2013 , 7:28am
post #7 of 20

as you wish:  the recipe you posted is classic, and delicious as it is. Voncie please try it once as written and adjust your taste as needed.  You may agree with ivenusca.  Happy Baking.

daryll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daryll Posted 15 Aug 2013 , 8:09am
post #8 of 20

AMy recipe is 250g cream cheese 250g butter 2 tsp vanilla and 4 cups of powdered sugar. It is delicious. And can you seriously buy cream cheese FLAVOURING over there?? Now I've heard it all!!

daryll Posted 15 Aug 2013 , 8:29am
post #10 of 20

ABut why? Do you use it instead of actual cream cheese?

MBalaska Posted 15 Aug 2013 , 9:07am
post #11 of 20

daryll:  Your recipe is the same as mine essentially. I use a double Madagascar real vanilla extract. Yummy. My vanilla, lemon, almond, mint,  & orange are all pure extracts.

Some people do though, and they are free to do so, and I wish them well.  Nothing for me to have the slightest concern over. Tend to my own beeswax usually.

Because I also have a couple of artificial flavors that I use, just a few drops to enhance the flavor, very subtly. Like banana oil, butter flavoring, & marshmallow flavoring (for my Marshmallow Fondant.)

Why, well I suppose it's because almost everyone (except knowledgeable food people) have been so fully inundated with fake food, fast food, canned-not fresh food, artificial food, preservative & chemicals; that they now believe that the taste of a fake XXXXXX taste more real.  Then when they are presented with a real XXXXXX they think it's bland & fake.

Just my opinion, you understand, and I could be reading the population entirely incorrectly, and be 'full of beans' so to speak. But I must say without hesitation or reservation in the most contented manner possible online..................... CAKE CENTRAL ROCKS! 

daryll Posted 15 Aug 2013 , 9:12am
post #12 of 20

AThanks for that! I guess because we don't have the same level of "fake food" you have there I just didn't get it lol...why use a flavour when you can use the real thing! But you are right people know what they know whether it is real or not!!

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 15 Aug 2013 , 9:16am
post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryll 

Thanks for that! I guess because we don't have the same level of "fake food" you have there I just didn't get it lol...why use a flavour when you can use the real thing! But you are right people know what they know whether it is real or not!!

A lot of people use it as a non-perishable substitute for when real cream cheese wouldn't be safe.

daryll Posted 15 Aug 2013 , 9:20am
post #14 of 20

AThat also makes sense! We don't have the weather extremes others do

soldiernurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soldiernurse Posted 15 Aug 2013 , 1:28pm
post #15 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefat 

You must be a wind up because why would you add some nasty fake stuff to real cream cheese when it already has a great flavor on it's own?? 

Real cream cheese has a very strong (and yummy) flavor. 

Why are you so rude and insulting???

cakefat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefat Posted 15 Aug 2013 , 1:50pm
post #16 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiernurse 

Why are you so rude and insulting???

Same could really be asked of you as well. Why are you?

A 'wind up' is someone who is an internet troll. Just going by this particular poster's recent posts in various other threads, it's only logical to assume that they are indeed a troll. Sorry you took offense to something that had nothing to do with you and perhaps you just don't understand...unless you are the same poster?

soldiernurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soldiernurse Posted 15 Aug 2013 , 2:42pm
post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefat 

A 'wind up' is someone who is an internet troll. Just going by this particular poster's recent posts in various other threads, it's only logical to assume that they are indeed a troll. Sorry you took offense to something that had nothing to do with you and perhaps you just don't understand...unless you are the same poster?

So sad that you get that deep in to the internet..I'm done with this thread.

CC Pros...stay postitive!!icon_biggrin.gif

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 15 Aug 2013 , 2:45pm
post #18 of 20

ADon't let the door hit ya on the @$$ on the way out!!!

;-)

as you wish Posted 15 Aug 2013 , 2:47pm
post #19 of 20

A

Original message sent by cakefat

I didn't know what a "wind up" was! Thanks for the education. :) I have been wondering the same thing about that particular poster too. Many troll-like comments from that one!

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 15 Aug 2013 , 2:53pm
post #20 of 20

A

Original message sent by soldiernurse

So sad that you get [I][B]that[/B][/I] deep in to the internet..I'm done with this thread.

CC Pros...stay postitive!!icon_biggrin.gif

making simple inferences is hardly sad and really doesn't take that much dedication.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%