Baby Names (This Is Okay To Start In "the Lounge" Right?

Lounge By rsaun Updated 11 Aug 2013 , 6:06pm by ttaunt

rsaun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rsaun Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 5:21am
post #1 of 31

To make a painfully long story short, we are thrilled that we are adopting a newborn girl.  We cannot have children and were blessed almost 4 years ago with an adopted son.  We named him Noah.  This baby will be our only girl and last child...so....I am going crazy trying to think of names.  So, what are the prettiest girl names you can think of?

30 replies
maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 5:57am
post #2 of 31

Congratulations!

I had two boys, but the girls names we'd chosen were Ramona or Riannon.  25 years later and I still like them both.

Just no North or Apple, please!

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 8:27am
post #3 of 31

AI love Lilly and Daisy.

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 8:58am
post #4 of 31

ACatelyn, Lauren, Elizabeth, Katherine, Emily

I could go on and on but those are my favorites!

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 8:58am
post #5 of 31

ACongrats on your new addition to the family!

as you wish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
as you wish Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 11:29am
post #6 of 31

ACongratulations! I think the name "Joy" would be fitting. :)

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 4:40pm
post #7 of 31

I've always like Alexandra because it has so many nicknames. Say, you could call her Lexi and later, if she decides she doesn't like that, she could change it to Alex, Alexa, Alexi, Ali, Andra, Sandra, Xandra (Zandra?)...........

Years ago, I was disappointed because my name was too short (Marie) ("Mare" is a horse, "Rie" would have been received only with laughs and derision -- this was long before Ree Drummond) to make a nickname and, although I like my name, people constantly call me Mary or Maria. icon_sad.gif

CakeRae80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRae80 Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 5:08pm
post #8 of 31

ACarrie, Bethany. A woman I work with just name her daughter Niomi pronounced n-I-omi (if that makes sense how I broke it down...) I thought that was cute and different fro Naomi the normal pronunciation and spelling. I like more unusual names, but nothing like North or Apple like maybenot mentioned.

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 6:25pm
post #9 of 31

AOk so here are some names my husband wouldn't let me have. Amelie, aeris, sophie, camilla, lola

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 6:39pm
post #10 of 31

ACongratulations! How exciting! Only thing I have is to remember that she'll have to fill out job applications later in life. Jus' sayin. ;-)

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 7:20pm
post #11 of 31

I love my granddaughter's name - Jax.  Just wish her father would allow us to see her. icon_cry.gif

CakeRae80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRae80 Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 7:58pm
post #12 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCouture 

Congratulations! How exciting! Only thing I have is to remember that she'll have to fill out job applications later in life. Jus' sayin. icon_wink.gif

haha! I can totally relate to this, my father didn't think that far a head when he named me and my mother was insane to let him name me! I'm pretty sure that mine name has at times hindered me with certain things, because people didn't know how to pronounce it.  On the flip side I can always just say my first name and people know who I am and where I'm calling from.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 8:23pm
post #13 of 31

Amelie, Isabel, Maribel, Elisabeth

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 8:25pm
post #14 of 31

AI love the name Iris Lily, after my late Grandma. I also love Evelyn and Florence. I have to be careful when thinking about future names for my children as my partners surname is Bull. That rules out Terry, Harry, Fred, Noah, Hannah, May, Kay, Eddie... Etc!! If you think of anymore warn me lol!!

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 8:30pm
post #15 of 31

Congratulations, how exciting.  I have two boys.  I love the name Poppy.  I just think it's a lovely, pretty name.  And poppies are beautiful, memorable and meaningful.

My Mom likes Lucy & Alice, the old names.  They are making a comeback.

We wish you great happiness with your new bundle of joy.

KatieKake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatieKake Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 8:57pm
post #16 of 31

I have always like the name Katrina, Kathleen, Megan, all have nice nick names, please don't get cute, Like Hershel Barr, Candace Barr, Justin Tyme, 

All real names of real people.  What could their parents been thinking of. I always wanted to name my kids something that was good as a toddler and as an adult.

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 9:11pm
post #17 of 31

Congratulations!  I like the names Rylan and Anna although I named my daughter Raechel.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 10 Aug 2013 , 2:02am
post #18 of 31

Congratulations! I love Sophie, Claudia, Chloe. I think the meaning is important, too. My daughter's name means the beautiful-eyed.

Whatever you choose, please don't sentence her to a lifetime of having to explain how to spell it; something pronounceable is always good, too icon_wink.gif.

My daughter had a friend growing up who was (really) Khrystina. When I spelled it "wrong" on something when she was at my house she sighed, completely irritated, and said "I'm so sick of people spelling my name wrong!". I work in a school and one year we had four Isaiahs, all spelled differently, and none spelled correctly. Same with Brittney, Brittany, Britney, Brittanie, Britaney...

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 10 Aug 2013 , 3:08am
post #19 of 31

AMy best naming advice is to think how it will sound with President in front of it!

Congratulations and kudos on adopting your baby girl. I have a sister who was given up for adoption and the family who adopted her gave her a much better life than the one she would have had. You are doing a wonderful thing.

cupcakeqt72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeqt72 Posted 10 Aug 2013 , 3:21am
post #20 of 31

I have 3 boys. My fav girl names are Dixie, Daisy Grace, Lily, Amelia, Amy, JoHanna, Kinsley, Caroline, Sally and my name Susan Elizabeth! :) Congrats!

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 10 Aug 2013 , 10:52am
post #21 of 31

This is the best website for choosing names ever:

http://www.babynamewizard.com/

It has great graphs that show you the popularity of names over time, and a name matcher, where you can put a couple of names and it gives you suggestions of other names that match the same style. You could put Noah in and ask for girl name suggestions.

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 10 Aug 2013 , 11:56am
post #22 of 31

Don't worry too much about having to fill in forms later on in life.  When I go married I yelled "Hooray, I am never going to have to spell my surname again".  I went from an unusual one to Ford.  Well I still constantly get asked how I spell it.

cakefat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefat Posted 10 Aug 2013 , 1:18pm
post #23 of 31

congratulations!! That's very exciting.

personally I love these names for girls:  Emmeline, Lucia, Lisle and Caroline

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 10 Aug 2013 , 1:32pm
post #24 of 31

ALucia! Great name!

sandyfae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandyfae Posted 10 Aug 2013 , 2:16pm
post #25 of 31

AI have two girls, their names are Annabella, and Eliana. Annabella means "beautiful grace". Eliana means "God has answered" . Seems fitting for your little girl with both names:)

vicki3336 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicki3336 Posted 10 Aug 2013 , 5:09pm
post #26 of 31

I like names for girls that end with an "A".  I named my daughter Amanda.  I also like my name, Victoria, and my sister's Rebecca.  

just4fun26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just4fun26 Posted 10 Aug 2013 , 5:32pm
post #27 of 31

AJust make sure you do the "yell test." My parents thought I was going to be a boy, my name was given a few hours after birth... No girl names picked out. I'm named after a girl they babysat and she didn't want to go home bc she had so much fun with my parents. However, bc my dad refused to ask mom how is "it" doing, they called me "he" so when I was born, they have me my "S" back so while my first name is nine letters (jaqueline) they gave me a break on the middle name. Just S, I love the story and I'm glad my dad chose it bc my mom's girl names are not fitting of me. Anyway, they made sure my name "yelled well" and it does... Ha ha. Congratulations and please don't name her North or any direction.

reginaherrin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reginaherrin Posted 10 Aug 2013 , 6:51pm
post #28 of 31

Congratulations, that is so exciting and such wonderful news.  As someone else suggested I love Poppy, its such a cute and different name.  I am all for unusual/different names, ones that aren't super popular but hate weird names like North, Apple or Blanket.  Just make sure it is a name fitting of an actual person not an object.  I also love names that have great/cool meanings.  My name means queen and I try to live up to it (haha not really).  I also love Sophia, Aubrey, Lilly and Gabriella (a cute nickname would be Gabby).

MarvinCakes75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MarvinCakes75 Posted 10 Aug 2013 , 7:03pm
post #29 of 31

How about Gwendolyn...it means blessed.   Congrats!!

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 1:56am
post #30 of 31

I recommend making a list of names, and spending at least several hours with your baby before naming her. It took me about 6 hours to decide between Lilyanna and Alyssa. I wanted it to be Lilyanna, but Alyssa just suited her little face so much better ;-)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%