7-Up Cake

Baking By EllesKakes Updated 14 Aug 2013 , 2:16am by EllesKakes

EllesKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EllesKakes Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 12:08am
post #1 of 7

I made the 7-up cake and the texture was not very good and it did not rise evenly.  Could it be because I did not add any baking powder?  The recipe I found on here and by googling, did not have baking powder in the ingredients.

6 replies
shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 2:24am
post #2 of 7

I've tried it too and it was horrid.

EllesKakes Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 12:54am
post #3 of 7

I found this on another posting.  It includes shortening.  That may make a difference.  I will try it tomorrow and see.

7-UP POUND CAKE

2 Sticks Butter or Margarine
1/2 C Vegetable Shortening
2 C Sugar
5 Eggs
3 C Flour
1 (7-ounce) Bottle 7-UP (or can of course)
1 Tsp Lemon or Vanilla Flavoring
1 Tsp Butter Flavoring

Preheat oven to 325. All ingredients should be at room temperature. Cream butter and shortening with sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Add flour alternately with 7-up and flavorings. Bake in a greased tube pan at 325 for at least 1 hour.

Krypto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Krypto Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 1:10am
post #4 of 7

I have a wonderful recipe for 7-up cake that was given to me by a coworker. She makes it for every bake sale we have. I will be glad to share her recipe if you would like.

EllesKakes Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 10:10pm
post #5 of 7

Yes please.  Can you post it here. Thanks.

Krypto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Krypto Posted 12 Aug 2013 , 3:55am
post #6 of 7

AThis is very similar to your recipe posted above.

7-up Cake

2 sticks butter (softened) 1/2 cup shortening 3 cups AP flour 3 cups sugar 5 eggs 1 cup 7-up 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 tsp lemon extract

Glaze 1 cup powdered sugar A few tbs of orange juice

Cream butter and shortening. Add sugar and cream Until fluffy. Add eggs beating well after each addition. Add half of flour and bear. Add 7 up and beat. Add other half of flour. Stir until just combined. Bake 325 for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Combine powdered sugar and orange juice until you have a thick glaze. Pour over warm cake.

EllesKakes Posted 14 Aug 2013 , 2:16am
post #7 of 7

Thanks.  This is it :-)  I just have to make sure I fill the pans to the top if I want a 2" cake, because it doesn't rise.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%