Ruffle Type Flower Help!!!

Decorating By jjackster30 Updated 5 Aug 2013 , 6:14am by The Cake Shoppe

jjackster30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjackster30 Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 5:41am
post #1 of 2

I'm making this cake for my sister's wedding which is in two weeks, its the one she fell in love with. I had it all planned out on how to the do the ruffled flowers, I was just going to cut strips of fondant/gumpaste mix and use my ball tool to ruffle out the edges and just roll them up.




Then tonight I was studying the picture and I realized the edges of the flower were not really ruffled at all, they're actually smooth and rounded, and the ruffle comes more from the gathering in the center. Just having a brain fart about how I would go about doing this. 


If anyone has any suggestions or links to tutorials that would be greatly appreciated! 









1 reply
The Cake Shoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The Cake Shoppe Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 6:14am
post #2 of 2

I would think you can do these the same way you do ruffles.  Thin your strip on the outer edge (with a small rolling pin (or I use my friller/veiner/Dresden tool) and then gather.  You wouldn't need to use your ball tool. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%