Can't Think Of Anything More Unpleasant Than Little Pebbles In A Bite Of Soft Velvety Cake/icing

Decorating By MBalaska Updated 4 Aug 2013 , 8:12am by MBalaska

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 4 Aug 2013 , 7:40am
post #1 of 4

What is the deal with wanting hard 'Dragees' on cakes? It just seems like finding sand/grit in your sandwich when you are at the beach, unpleasant.  And Yes I have decorated cakes with the silver balls before. Yes it looked decorative. But it's still food, soft creamy icing with velvety rich moist cake and I don't get it. The thought of biting into a hard candy rock just sets my teeth on edge. tapedshut.gif

3 replies
vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 4 Aug 2013 , 7:43am
post #2 of 4

AYeah dragees and those rock hard pearls make me nervous. Thankfully I don't get to use them often, and when I do, they're almost always part of a decoration I know will be removed.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 4 Aug 2013 , 7:59am
post #3 of 4

AI know exarly what you mean. When I went to a wedding a while back and the cake was covered with them I gently moved each bite around in my mouth mashing and testing it until I was confident it didn't have BB's in it, before I could actually chew with confidence.

I get the same way with scramgled eggs, when the kids' s crack the eggs :-)

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 4 Aug 2013 , 8:11am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgcea 

.... and when I do, they're almost always part of a decoration I know will be removed.

Excellent suggestion, only putting them on decorations. I have a wedding cake for a friend coming up, and that's exactly what I will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

....testing it until I was confident it didn't have BB's in it, before I could actually chew with confidence.

BB's is exactly right.  Well stated. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%