Sweet Cream Cheese Frosting?

Decorating By PixiRose Updated 3 Aug 2013 , 4:09am by MBalaska

PixiRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PixiRose Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 11:27pm
post #1 of 6

I know this may sound nuts, but I have a problem with cheese: I cannot eat it. Yet, I would love to make a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting because i feel like im missing out!! thing is, im scared of how strong/cheesy the frosting might taste, considering i sense hints of cheese more than most people i know. If the frosting does taste somewhat cheesy (not so sweet), how can i slightly alter it too adapt to my case (a bit sweeter to over power the cheesy flavor) yet not completely lose the overall flavor??

5 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 11:45pm
post #2 of 6

OK, in my opinion, it doesn,t even taste like cheese. Google carmijok c/c icing recipe on cake central and try hers. it is really good. It  is more stable than what i use to use. Also, google mascarpone cheese icing recipes , etc. They are delicious also. Not as stable as carmijok, but none the less delicious. hth  I also add melted white chocolate to carmijok's recipe(delicous) i use key lime ext. to put with a key lime cake, etc. hth

icer101 Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 11:48pm
post #3 of 6

here is something you could go by. I use whipping cream and mascarpone and powder sugar, etc. for frosting and fillings. Just google that also.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Red-Velvet-Cupcakes-with-Mascarpone-Cream-Cheese-Icing-358285

icer101 Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 11:50pm
post #4 of 6

Heres some help also. I use regular c/c in this recipe also.

http://thebakingpan.com/recipes/frosting/mascarpone-frosting.html

PixiRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PixiRose Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 2:21am
post #5 of 6

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 4:09am
post #6 of 6

TOFU  well who knows if it would work or not, it has a soft texture, mild flavor, I never hesitate to try something and throw it away if it fails.   I have discovered lots of really interesting things by experimenting.  You can buy cream cheese extract to flavor it.

check out some of the vegetarian baking websites, what do you have to lose? a few bucks and an hour?

you may create something spectacular, good luck in your search.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%