What Would You Charge?

Decorating By Crazy Kitchen Updated 2 Aug 2013 , 9:35pm by MimiFix

Crazy Kitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy Kitchen Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 6:55pm
post #1 of 7

Hello Everyone!  I recently made my first wedding cake and I am wondering if someone could give me some insight on pricing.  This cake is a 14", 10" and 6" with gum paste flowers, I delivered it to the reception location and set the the cake.  What should I have charged for it?  

6 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 7

I would be around $650-$700.  Pretty cake.  Are the letters handmade?

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 7:19pm
post #3 of 7

AId be about $600 or there about . Very nice cake by the way!!!

Crazy Kitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy Kitchen Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 7:25pm
post #4 of 7

Yeah I handmade the letters...  and I also grossly under charged for the cake :)

CakeRae80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRae80 Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 8:34pm
post #5 of 7

I'm coming in around $500 but that is for my area.  Also, depending on he flavors of the cake, filling and frosting, my price could be a good bit more.  Depending on the flavors, I have an up-charge since the ingredients to make those flavors are expensive.

lorieleann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorieleann Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 8:53pm
post #6 of 7

about $585-$625. (but it would also depend on what is on the inside--a basic 2 layer WASC with a plain buttercream filling would be less than that range.  Since i'm baking scratch with more expensive ingredients I charge accordingly).  

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 9:35pm
post #7 of 7

Jason's late... How much were your ingredients and how long did it take? If you need help learning to price, read Jason's blog. Or use the CC search box.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%