Tea Set In Pastillage

Decorating By paperlace1 Updated 3 Aug 2013 , 10:34am by paperlace1

paperlace1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paperlace1 Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 3:56pm
post #1 of 6

I am planning for my next competition but need some suggestions from people experienced in using

pastillage.

i need to make a tea pot as part of a tea set. if you goggle tea pot pictures most of them are round and ball shape and squat . if you then do the same for coffee pot you get straight sides and tall. so i would like to try to do a round teapot. 

the competition schedule states that i can use internal supports so i can leave the mold in. but trying to find something to use is prooveing difficult. can anyone suggest anything i can use. here in the UK i have not found anything to do the job.

5 replies
mmmmmmmmcake1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmmmmmmmcake1954 Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 4:58pm
post #2 of 6

ACould you use a plastic teapot from a child's tea set, If you can find a cheap set, you could cut off the spout and handle, cut the teapot in half and use as a mould for your pas tillage then when set, remove and sugar glue together. HTH

ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 6:15pm
post #3 of 6

why not use a foam ball that you've carved a bit?

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 6:32pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellavanilla 

This is what I use for my teapots.Teapot is gigantic-about a foot across. Everything is gum paste, including the chain. Hand painted quote from book. LOVED this.

Isomalt pocket watch and hand made details. Didn't do exact rendering with this on purpose. Inspired by Chocmocakes fabulous work.

And these:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/yuma_couture_cakes/6144801707/sizes/l/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/yuma_couture_cakes/4630048786/

paperlace1 Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 10:31am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmmmmmcake1954 

Could you use a plastic teapot from a child's tea set, If you can find a cheap set, you could cut off the spout and handle, cut the teapot in half and use as a mould for your pas tillage then when set, remove and sugar glue together. HTH

not thought of that what a g8 idea

paperlace1 Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 10:34am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellavanilla 

yes i had thought about this an easter egg ball might work. but carving it causes the ball structure to fall apart My OH is trying to sort me out with a hot knife

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%