Is It Yellow Or Golden?

Decorating By Nauz Updated 10 Sep 2013 , 4:26pm by Nauz

Nauz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nauz Posted 30 Jul 2013 , 4:34am
post #1 of 18

I am planning on making this cake soon & my question is about the color of bow & ribbon.  Do you think its light yellow or dull golden?  How can I color my fondant which turns into that color.  Please help.  Thanks.

17 replies
texas_mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texas_mom Posted 30 Jul 2013 , 4:49am
post #2 of 18

Looking at the color it looks like Wiltons  Daffodil  Yellow or maybe a very light Buttercup yellow.  Wilton Golden Yellow is a bit too dark but it might work if you add a little bit of color at a time. My guess would be Daffodil yellow but I am only guessing since I have only used Lemon yellow lately and that is a very bright color.

Nauz Posted 30 Jul 2013 , 4:56am
post #3 of 18

Thank you for your time.  I will try Daffodils and see if I get this color.  :)

texas_mom Posted 30 Jul 2013 , 5:07am
post #4 of 18

I hope you get the right color.  But if the yellows are to bright maybe adding a little bit of Golden yellow will tone it down a bit .  Many of time I have had to combine different colors to get it just right.  Good luck and let me know what colors you had to use to get it just right.  I would love to add it to my list of colors.

Nauz Posted 30 Jul 2013 , 5:11am
post #5 of 18

I will :))

Nauz Posted 17 Aug 2013 , 5:05am
post #6 of 18

Wilton discontinue daffodils yellow so I ended up trying golden yellow.  It worked.  yay!!!

texas_mom Posted 17 Aug 2013 , 7:36am
post #7 of 18

Great !  I am so glad it all worked out for you.

Nauz Posted 21 Aug 2013 , 7:27pm
post #8 of 18

I finished making bow loops 2 days ago & yesterday when i put the top loop on the bottom loop, the bottom loop is now breaking after few hours.  any advice pleasseeee

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 21 Aug 2013 , 11:56pm
post #9 of 18

I make a 3" round disk of g.p only. Let that dry really hard. I let my g/p or g/p and fondnant loops dry really hard. I put nice glob of royal icing(same color as loop) in center of disk. Then start putting my first layer of loops. i wait little  bit to let this set up, not long and the add little more r/i and add next set of loops ,etc. I truly have nver had any to break. I take an 8" cake board. put a little r/i and then the disk to hold all this down. I leave it all to dry for at least 2 days. What medium did you use to make your bows. Am i on the right track? hope so.

Nauz Posted 22 Aug 2013 , 2:50am
post #10 of 18

Look at this picture.  I made this 2 days ago.  I made a 3" g/p disk and placed my loop.  then I put smaller disk and tried to put more loops but the bottom ones started breaking.  I took the broken loops out then placed the another one with more royal icing.  This is the first time I am making this.  I found a link on pinterest and I was following that but I guess its not working.  What should I do now?  The loops are 50% fondant 50% g/p and its going on 8" cake.  I though If I make this ahead of time, all I need to do is to placed the whole loop on cake...

texas_mom Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 2:16am
post #11 of 18

Are you placing anything inside the loop to help hold it's shape while they dry.  I tend to use bubble wrap or rolled up plastic wrap inserted in the loops to hold them until I assemble the cake.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 2:27am
post #12 of 18

I always just sit my bow loops on their sides. Always works for me. They dry. I then put together with r/i. I make some tails also. Here is one site. (so many) to help .Again we all do some things different. Some hang over rods to dry. I just sit them up. I have a few cakes in pics that show this. hth

http://cakecentral.com/a/how-to-make-a-fondant-loop-bow

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 3:01am
post #13 of 18

If it's humid where you are, scrap the half and half idea and go with 100% gumpaste.  Lay them on their sides to dry inside your oven with the heat off and just the pilot light or inside oven light on - over night and they'll be hard as a rock in the morning.  I think the color is ivory with just a touch of golden.

texas_mom Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 5:02am
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by icer101 

I always just sit my bow loops on their sides. Always works for me. They dry. I then put together with r/i. I make some tails also. Here is one site. (so many) to help .Again we all do some things different. Some hang over rods to dry. I just sit them up. I have a few cakes in pics that show this. hth

http://cakecentral.com/a/how-to-make-a-fondant-loop-bow

All this year and I never thought to place the loops on it's side.  Thank you for the how to instruction.

Nauz Posted 9 Sep 2013 , 1:15pm
post #15 of 18

Here is my cake I made earlier..  :))

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 9 Sep 2013 , 3:08pm
post #16 of 18

ANice cake and you did a nice job on the bow.

texas_mom Posted 9 Sep 2013 , 7:12pm
post #17 of 18

Your cake turned out so beautiful.

Nauz Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 4:26pm
post #18 of 18

Thanks..:)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%