Baileys Cake Help

Baking By benlaura12 Updated 3 Aug 2013 , 10:05am by mcaulir

benlaura12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
benlaura12 Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 4:26pm
post #1 of 5

Hello

I am new to cake central and would love your help with my next cake. I am making a graduation cake which will be two different tiers. the gentleman who wants the cake now advised me he wants a baileys cake. I have never tried or even know any recipes that I can use with fondant. 

Does anyone know of any good cake recipes that are strong enough to hold the fondant and two tiers but has baileys inside of it. Even if it's just the frosting I need to know a cake that tastes good with the baileys frosting. 

I know that pound cakes are the best for fondant but i don't think that would taste great with baileys frosting.

Any help is great. 

Thank you in advance

4 replies
chezzabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chezzabelle Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 6:38am
post #2 of 5

AWhat about a maderia cake recipe but instead of using milk use baileys, havent tried it before but when i make baileys cupcakes i use a normal vanilla recipe dont add vanilla and use baileys instead of milk same with the buttercream, in fact for the buttercream i use 160g butter, 500g icing sugar and 50ml baileys (i think thats the right recipe i cant find yhe recipe at the min) hope that helps

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 7:05am
post #3 of 5

AChocolate and caramel go with Baileys. You could incorporate the flavor into the cake by making the icing/filling with the Baileys. OR by making a simple syrup mixed with Baileys and use it to brush your cake OR both.

simplytasty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplytasty Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 7:30am
post #4 of 5

Good to know, thanks!

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 3 Aug 2013 , 10:05am
post #5 of 5

http://cakecentral.com/a/irish-cream-pound-cake

I make this one all the time. I usually make a white chocolate ganache for the icing and put a good splash of baileys in that as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%