Keep Cupcakes Cool

Baking By PynkCupcake Updated 4 Aug 2013 , 7:28am by PynkCupcake

PynkCupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PynkCupcake Posted 28 Jul 2013 , 9:10pm
post #1 of 5

AI am planning to have a bake sale soon in my neighborhood and of course it will be hot outside. I want to sell them where traffic is busy meaning ill be outside. I was goin to get a large cooler and place the cupcakes in te 12 count plastic clam containers and have them in the cooler. But will they make them nasty, i dont want them too cold from sitting directly on ice. Has anyone done this b4??? If so how exactly did you do it. TIA!

4 replies
Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 28 Jul 2013 , 11:16pm
post #2 of 5

AI have never done this, but I feel bad since nobody has answered you. I would just bring some out for display and leave the rest inside, you can replenish when necessary. I don't know how busy your street is but I am sure you'd have time to run inside and get more. I imagine you'd need some sort of permit to do this, legally, along with food safety and kitchen requirements.

So you want to do this like a lemonaid stand type thing?

skdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skdiva Posted 31 Jul 2013 , 3:11pm
post #3 of 5

When I first bake and frost my cupcakes I always put them in the freezer if I'm not going to use them right away.  I then keep them in the fridge.  Most of the recipes I make are better when kept cold and I haven't had any issues with the cupcakes or frosting not tasting good.

treatsandsweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
treatsandsweets Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 5

I have done this!! 

Use a cooler and fill with ice. Take a bath towel (fairly thick) and place it over the ice and set the cupcakes on top.  The moisture from the ice wont be directly on the cupcakes themselves.

Keep checking the towel so it isn't soaked. But if you use a thick enough one you should be fine for a good hour!

Hope this helps!

PynkCupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PynkCupcake Posted 4 Aug 2013 , 7:28am
post #5 of 5

thanks soooo much..ill give that a try!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%