Skin Tone Colour

Decorating By chezzabelle Updated 25 Jul 2013 , 6:20pm by chezzabelle

chezzabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chezzabelle Posted 25 Jul 2013 , 12:29pm
post #1 of 9

AHello bakers, how do you get your skin tone colour? The lady in thr shop said peach but it just doesnt look quite right (havent got time to go shop or order online) any help or advice?

8 replies
as you wish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
as you wish Posted 25 Jul 2013 , 12:32pm
post #2 of 9

AI assume you mean a caucasian skin tone? For that I use a little bit of orange, a little bit of pink and a little bit of brown mixed into my white. You might have to play around with the amounts a bit until you get what you are looking for; just add the colours a very, very little bit at a time.

chezzabelle Posted 25 Jul 2013 , 12:38pm
post #3 of 9

AYeah i did sorry forgot to write it lol, will give it a go am keeping my fingers crossed thank you for replying

as you wish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
as you wish Posted 25 Jul 2013 , 12:46pm
post #4 of 9

AAlso, the biggest mistake people make when trying to get a good skin tone is adding too much colour. Remember that it will darken up a bit with time, so make it lighter than you think. Hope it turns out well for you!

Jess155 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jess155 Posted 25 Jul 2013 , 12:51pm
post #5 of 9

I use copper color.

CakeRae80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRae80 Posted 25 Jul 2013 , 2:01pm
post #6 of 9

I have the wilton peach and I've used that but put brown in it to make it not so peachy. 

jennicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicake Posted 25 Jul 2013 , 3:47pm
post #7 of 9

AI use copper as well. Wilton even calls it "skin tone" on some of the jars

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 25 Jul 2013 , 4:02pm
post #8 of 9

I use "ivory" with a touch of "flesh" color

chezzabelle Posted 25 Jul 2013 , 6:20pm
post #9 of 9

A

Original message sent by as you wish

I assume you mean a caucasian skin tone? For that I use a little bit of orange, a little bit of pink and a little bit of brown mixed into my white. You might have to play around with the amounts a bit until you get what you are looking for; just add the colours a very, very little bit at a time.

I have used peach, pink and brown (sugarflair colours) it looks good so far i have left it a bit lighter than i wanted and hoping it will darken up a tad tomorrow, if not will add a touch the 3 colours again. Thank you everyone for the replies :-D

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%