Nova Cart Disposables

Business By leah_s Updated 5 Aug 2013 , 2:05pm by leah_s

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 5:26pm
post #1 of 18

ADoes anyone bake in these? I'm wanting to bake individual brownies but know that brownies stick uncontrollably to cupcake liners. Those do not work. I have tons of pans, but I have ongoing large orders and will not have the tome to depan.

17 replies
liz at sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz at sugar Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 7:10pm
post #2 of 18

I really like them, but have trouble getting the clear lids on when I use them for fudge.  I wonder if the baking makes the pan shrink slightly for the clear lid to fit on properly?

Overall, I think they are super.  You can get them cheaper direct from Novacart than you can from Bakedeco, where I found them first.

Liz

leah_s Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 7:36pm
post #3 of 18

So does the fudge stick at all?  Are they coated with something?  I'm concerned about the brownies because the high sugar content makes them more likely to stick.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 8:17pm
post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s 

So does the fudge stick at all?  Are they coated with something?  I'm concerned about the brownies because the high sugar content makes them more likely to stick.

Leah, I use several Nova Cart disposable pans. I LOVE them. I don't panspray and I've never had any problems. I use a brownie recipe that comes right off the paper. But every recipe is different. Look through their online catalog and note the product numbers. Then call and ask for samples. 

liz at sugar Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 8:17pm
post #5 of 18

Yes, the ones I am talking about are dark brown, with a clear glaze over the entire inside.  Fudge does not stick at all.  I've baked in them before, too, and I don't remember having any problems.

Here is the info from their website:

E Series
Our new line of baking molds has a poly-coated interior which provides a better release characteristic. The molds with an asterisk (*) have an optional clear plastic lid which are NOT bakeable.

Liz

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 25 Jul 2013 , 1:09pm
post #6 of 18

You don't have the ability to freeze them to release from your pans?

leah_s Posted 25 Jul 2013 , 1:32pm
post #7 of 18

Stitches, the volume I'm baking in means that as a pan comes out of the oven another pan goes in.  By pan I mean two half sheets of the NovaCart baking cups.  With two ovens going all the time.  And the entire freezer needs to be full of packaged brownies all the time.  

liz at sugar Posted 25 Jul 2013 , 1:42pm
post #8 of 18

Well somebody sure likes brownies! :)

Do you think you will freeze them without the lids, and then add those after you thaw?

Liz

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 25 Jul 2013 , 1:52pm
post #9 of 18
Quote:

Stitches, the volume I'm baking in means that as a pan comes out of the oven another pan goes in.  By pan I mean two half sheets of the NovaCart baking cups.  With two ovens going all the time.  And the entire freezer needs to be full of packaged brownies all the time.  

Wow, good for you!!! Might be time to buy another freezer and a bigger oven to give you some relief with your production. Such a great problem to have.

liz at sugar Posted 26 Jul 2013 , 2:04pm
post #10 of 18

Leah - Do you mind me asking what you market those 4 x 4 pans of brownies as?  Do you call them a mini pan, or do you say they are 1 serving or 2 servings?  I ask because I have a very decadent (read expensive) brownie recipe, and mine run around $4 for a 3 x 3 square.  I didn't think I could get away with baking and selling it in those pans for the price I would have to charge (over $7).

Thanks,

Liz

leah_s Posted 26 Jul 2013 , 2:25pm
post #11 of 18

AIm not using 4 x 4 pans. I currently make them in a jumbo cupcake tin (not the Texas size). I get $4 for an Oreo version and $5 for a Bourbon ball version.

liz at sugar Posted 26 Jul 2013 , 4:17pm
post #12 of 18

OK, thanks!

Liz

leah_s Posted 26 Jul 2013 , 4:22pm
post #13 of 18

Just ordered some samples from NovaCart.  Wow!  They were informative and nice on the phone.  So far, this is customer service the way its supposed to be.

Paperfishies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paperfishies Posted 26 Jul 2013 , 4:46pm
post #14 of 18
Quote:

Im not using 4 x 4 pans. I currently make them in a jumbo cupcake tin (not the Texas size). I get $4 for an Oreo version and $5 for a Bourbon ball version.

A bourbon ball brownie sounds like the most amazing thing on the face of the earth.

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 26 Jul 2013 , 11:23pm
post #15 of 18

I think we need samples, Leah. May I send you my address?

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

leah_s Posted 4 Aug 2013 , 3:59pm
post #16 of 18

Here is what I found with my recipe in a couple of days of baking in the Nova Cart disposables - 

the side of the Panettone "pans" are too flexible.  They do hold the batter but deform during baking.  Release from the brownie is good.moldp9040.jpg

the E Series with the clear dome lids is the cutest of the packaging and the one I want to use.  Sadly, the brownies totally stick.  There is virtually NO release at all.  I even tried greasing the pans and that made it worse.  ::sigh:: going to try on more experiment today.

moldop110dome.jpg

So far the best by far has been the Optima series.  Side walls are firm and release is excellent.  Unfortunately it will require a clamshell, so double packaging, but no depanning.  It may still be worth it.

mold680685.jpg

liz at sugar Posted 4 Aug 2013 , 7:34pm
post #17 of 18

I use the top ones for mini cheesecakes, and don't remember them deforming - but cheesecake batter is more fluid than brownie batter.

The middle ones I use for fudge.  I'll have to try my brownie recipe in them and see if mine sticks.  Could you line that one with a parchment square?

The bottom one I use for mini pies.

Wish the middle one would have worked for you, because those lids come in handy.

Liz

leah_s Posted 5 Aug 2013 , 2:05pm
post #18 of 18

Eureka!  Pam to the rescue on the middles one with the domes lids.  Pan grease did not work, but spray Pam did!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%