Cake Tastes Like...

Decorating By cakechic87 Updated 25 Jul 2013 , 4:33am by kikiandkyle

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 1:29pm
post #31 of 33

My day job receives and process invoices.   There is this one company where they obviously smoke a lot because when we open the yellow envelope and dump out the stack of invoices...you can smell smoke!    It sticks to the paper and these things get mailed to us from a couple states away.   Even as a previous smoker, I didn't realize it would stick to  a mailed stack of paper work. 

This is one of the two commercials that I was talking about in the earlier post that plays constantly here in Baton Rouge.

art2eat cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
art2eat cakes Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 3:22pm
post #32 of 33

I think that by now after reading through all that you have your answer. You have my sympathies as well, but please take this as encouragement and support to do the Right Thing and quit. Your Cake needs you ;-) BTW, it is not just cake. I am a multi-media artist and former smoker, and although I denied it at the time everything I painted or sewed smelled of smoke. I too, smoked only outside. Didn't matter. All my stuff, tools, textiles smelled. I quit, painfully, but am now 5 years free. You can too. I had to ditch nearly everything. The other day I opened a closet storage bag full of cloth scraps I'd thought were ok  - i mean they were in plastic, right? After 5years, being exposed only through a storage bag, and they still REEKED. Quit my friend. Quit TODAY

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 25 Jul 2013 , 4:33am
post #33 of 33

AI also used to smoke, it's been 10 years since I gave up and there are still days I could easily go for one. It started as a thing I did with my best friend as a teen, then I gave up, then started a job where the boss smoked and all the deals ended up being done in the smoking area and I was missing out (a la Rachel in Friends!) and I started again. This was in the early 2000s, I lived in Holland and we could actually smoke at our desks still, and everyone smoked at the movies and at concerts. I stopped so I could get pregnant, and I knew I would never smoke once I had kids.

I recently moved to a city where smoking is still allowed in bars and restaurants and its been quite a shock. If someone sparks up near us I have to bathe the kids as soon as we get home because they stink of it.

My personal pet peeve is when delivery drivers smoke, because it gets through the cardboard and permeates whatever it is I ordered. I can believe your client felt that the cake tasted of smoke, even if you didn't smoke while making it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%