Ordered A Ka Pasta Roller Tonight!

Lounge By Annabakescakes Updated 27 Oct 2013 , 11:48pm by MBalaska

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 3:48am
post #1 of 8

I signed up for Overstock a while ago, and never ordered anything, because I can normally find it cheaper, if I keep looking, but they gave me a coupon for 20% off my first order, so I finally bought the set of 3 rollers. The one that just rolls, and then 2 cutting rollers. My total was $135.67 after tax, and it had free shipping WHOO HOO! I can't wait to make the perfect fondant stripes that whats her name makes, sticking them to the greased parchment paper... I am going to make a whole striped dummy, since I adore stripes! 

7 replies
kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 4:27am
post #2 of 8

AJessicakes! I have been lusting after those rollers too but every last cent I have right now is going on my new house :'(

cakefat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefat Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 4:50am
post #3 of 8

That's a great price!! You're going to love it.

I have all 3 and I love mine! I make pasta with them too..so I use it for both cakes and pasta.

I was going to buy them on Amazon and then saw that I could use my amex points to get them for 'free', shipping included. As I've never used any of the  points in over 10 years..I thought why not. So that's how I got mine. 

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 5:03am
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiandkyle 

Jessicakes! I have been lusting after those rollers too but every last cent I have right now is going on my new house :'(

New houses are awesome too! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefat 

I have all 3 and I love mine! I make pasta with them too..so I use it for both cakes and pasta.

I was going to buy them on Amazon and then saw that I could use my amex points to get them for 'free', shipping included. As I've never used any of the  points in over 10 years..I thought why not. So that's how I got mine. 

I thought it was a great price too! They were the first thing I thought of, when I saw the coupon, and I wanted them for a while, so I finally went for it! 

Free is a bit more awesome, though! lol.

The Cake Shoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The Cake Shoppe Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 5:20am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefat 

Oh Oh Oh!!  I am so jealous Anna!!  I have wanted a pasta roller for sooooooo long!  Not for cakes, but I want to make my own ravioli and true Italian tortellini SO BAD. 

How do you like it for pasta Cakefat??

cakefat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefat Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 5:44am
post #6 of 8

I LOVE it for pasta! I used to have a manual pasta roller/machine and I made pasta with that. I hated it..because you really do need an extra person to catch the pasta while you crank the handle. I have to say, homemade pasta is super easy to do..and even more so with the KA

Same thing for gum paste/fondant through the KA...totally love it.

It was going to be $200 plus $46 shipping (from the US to Asia) but the I used points instead for the entire total- so Anna's deal is really a deal!

jennicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicake Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 5:56am
post #7 of 8

Awesome, you're going to love it!!  I use mine for pasta really often too, and it has made my life so much easier when it comes to cake decorating.  Rolls out modelling chocolate and gumpaste beautifully!  I could not use my tappits at all until I start running my gumpaste through the pasta roller.  

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 27 Oct 2013 , 11:48pm
post #8 of 8

Holy Smokes!  What did I wait so LONG for?  Just got mine and used it today to roll out my homemade modeling chocolate.  What a SHOCK.  Instead of rolling, rolling, sticking, rolling then cutting. [even using my rolling guides it's imperfect.]

It was roll then cut.  WOW.  I am sooooo loving the MC.  and the KA Pasta roller just made something tasty really easy to work with.  making Halloween cupcakes today.  This saved so much time.

Looking forward to making a gumpaste flower.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%