A Kate Middleton Cake

Lounge By Norasmom Updated 25 Jul 2013 , 6:11pm by knlcox

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 2:28am
post #1 of 43

Not sure what to think of this, but it sounds like by the time the cake gets there it will be stale.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2371094/Let-eat-Kate-Houston-bakery-assembling-life-size-cake-Kate-Middleton-holding-royal-baby.html#comments

42 replies
jennicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicake Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 3:08am
post #2 of 43

AThat's just morbid. Is she supposed to cut into a cake version of her baby? Ick!

cakefat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefat Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 3:20am
post #3 of 43

Awful cake- not just the topic but also execution of it. that's a terrible gift to send her too...and like she would even care about that bunch of craziness?

what is this weird trend of baby/pregnant lady cakes? It's really unappetizing to me. 

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 4:46am
post #4 of 43

That baby face will probably give me nightmares.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 5:36am
post #5 of 43

AWow, what a stupid idea, and even stupider to actually do it. Not to mention the fact the baby looks like Voldemort.

I would be sickened if someone made me a cake like that. And creeped out, and really just horrified. There is no way in hell I would eat it, or even allow it into my home.

Norasmom Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 3:09pm
post #6 of 43

it's also a total waste of ingredients.  So many hungry kids could eat cake instead of mailing that thing to Buckingham Palace...!

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 5:58pm
post #7 of 43

I like it as much as I like any silly publicity stunt. It's not what I would do, but no one called to ask my opinion. That Kate cake is for a bridal extravaganza and will probably reap a lot of business for that bakery.

Annabakescakes Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 6:11pm
post #8 of 43

A

Original message sent by Norasmom

it's also a total waste of ingredients.  So many hungry kids could eat cake instead of mailing that thing to Buckingham Palace...!

Yeah, because every time you spend money on anything but a starving child, a child starves.

Norasmom Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 7:28pm
post #9 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

Yeah, because every time you spend money on anything but a starving child, a child starves.

Not at all, but I don't like wastefulness.  Since it's a display cake for a show, it's probably very good PR.

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 3:28am
post #10 of 43

AIt won't make it past customs if it has dairy in it.

Also, now I know where not to apply for a job!

Annabakescakes Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 3:43am
post #11 of 43

AUm, seriously, have these people ever seen a baby before? It is so pointy!

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 5:09am
post #12 of 43

They think she's going to be holding the baby while wearing her wedding dress?

jennicake Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 5:40am
post #13 of 43

A

Original message sent by shanter

They think she's going to be holding the baby while wearing her wedding dress?

Doesn't everyone?

Annabakescakes Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 5:43am
post #14 of 43

A

Original message sent by jennicake

[quote name="shanter" url="/t/761288/a-kate-middleton-cake#post_7419414"]They think she's going to be holding the baby while wearing her wedding dress?

Doesn't everyone?[/quote] Hey, babies are the modern bouquet!

scrumdiddlycakes Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 5:56am
post #15 of 43

Baby puke looks so much classier on lace and sequins.

Sweet_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Cakes Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 3:16pm
post #16 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

Wow, what a stupid idea, and even stupider to actually do it. Not to mention the fact the baby looks like Voldemort.

I would be sickened if someone made me a cake like that. And creeped out, and really just horrified. There is no way in hell I would eat it, or even allow it into my home.

Bahahahaha!!!!!!

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 6:14pm
post #17 of 43

A

Original message sent by Annabakescakes

Wow, what a stupid idea, and even stupider to actually do it. Not to mention the fact the baby looks like Voldemort.

did you leave the voldemort comment on the article lol

shanter Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 8:27pm
post #18 of 43

I notice they've closed the article to comments.  BTW, The Duchess of Cambridge just had a baby boy.

party.gif

bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 8:47pm
post #19 of 43

AI don't understand the idea of eating someone's face. My graduation cake had an edible image picture of me on it, that I could deal with. Eating a 3d version of myself??? No way. Especially not of me holding a baby. Odd choice of clothing but that is neither here nor there. Hope it isn't red velvet. That would just be too much!

Annabakescakes Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 11:15pm
post #20 of 43

A

Original message sent by kaylawaylalayla

[quote name="Annabakescakes" url="/t/761288/a-kate-middleton-cake#post_7419097"]Wow, what a stupid idea, and even stupider to actually do it. Not to mention the fact the baby looks like Voldemort.

did you leave the voldemort comment on the article lol[/quote]Haha! No, I didn't read the comments, I was too creeped out by baby Voldemort and got back on here as quickly as I could ;-) but, if someone else said it too, then I must not be crazy, right?

cakestomuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestomuch Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 6:02am
post #21 of 43

AI don't see what the big deal is. Its just cake. Its for publicity and they are getting lots of it. More power to them. The shipping companies all want to be the one to ship it. Again for publicity. Heck, I wouldn't be suprised if they get it shipped for free. All the hungry children? Seriously? I also feel for anyone that goes hungry, but instead of spending $$$ on advertising they are making a Kate cake. Probably getting a lot more bang for their buck in advertising since Kate and baby are all the rage. Now how many of you have made cakes and they didn't taste that good and tossed them, but were still edible? What about eating only half of a cake and then tossing it because it got stale, but again it was still edible? Now what about all those starving children??? As for the baby's face? It might not be finished in that photo. If you look at the other picture where the top part of the cake is next to the bottom of the cake and the two workers you can see a fondant blanket over the baby that is not in the top photo. Maybe they did more work on the face! Some many people always ready to jump on the critizing bandwagon. :(

scrumdiddlycakes Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 6:13am
post #22 of 43

AAll that, and it's still a mother in her wedding dress, holding her new born, waiting to be eaten... Everyone is entitled to their opinion, some of us think it's creepy and quite morbid, I'm sure some people think it's beautiful. Obviously it's a publicity stunt, that in itself is going to garner them a ton of criticism, I'm sure they were aware of that before hand. It's something that comes with making something so flashy and public.

Annabakescakes Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 6:26am
post #23 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrumdiddlycakes 

All that, and it's still a mother in her wedding dress, holding her new born, waiting to be eaten...
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, some of us think it's creepy and quite morbid,
I'm sure some people think it's beautiful.
Obviously it's a publicity stunt, that in itself is going to garner them a ton of criticism, I'm sure they were aware of that before hand. It's something that comes with making something so flashy and public.

Oh eww. Spelling it out like that is quite awful, thank you! It made me giggle, I needed that! 

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 2:25pm
post #24 of 43

I'm not sure if people have seen the finished result...

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/city_life/07-20-13-kate-middleton-and-baby-take-the-cake-at-houston-bridal-extravaganza/

Not that it will help much of the "creepy" opinions I wouldn't think!! To clarify - it's not her wedding dress she is wearing but it is a dress inspired by it.

brendajarmusz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brendajarmusz Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 2:47pm
post #25 of 43

AAll i can say is to each their own!!!

Annabakescakes Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 3:48pm
post #26 of 43

AOh lawsy, that turned out ugly! Someone do me a favor and shoot me, if my lap ever looks that lumpy.

thecakewitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakewitch Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 4:18pm
post #27 of 43

Not even proportion! What happened to her arms? Is that a pillow under her skirt in front? And the neck...icon_eek.gif

jennicake Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 6:57pm
post #28 of 43

I would love to be the delivery person and see the look on Kate's face when the cake arrives

shanter Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 7:00pm
post #29 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecakewitch 

Not even proportion! What happened to her arms? Is that a pillow under her skirt in front? And the neck...icon_eek.gif

I think they put the tiara there to draw people's eyes away from the rest of it.

sixinarow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sixinarow Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 7:23pm
post #30 of 43

A

Original message sent by Annabakescakes

Oh lawsy, that turned out ugly! Someone do me a favor and shoot me, if my lap ever looks that lumpy.

Poor thing has a bad case of front butt.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%