Place A Cake Directly Onto Stand (No Cake Base)

Decorating By TheSugarLab Updated 19 Jul 2013 , 10:50pm by AZCouture

TheSugarLab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheSugarLab Posted 19 Jul 2013 , 9:49pm
post #1 of 5

This is probably a blonde moment I am having. I have had a few brides who are interested in placing their tiered cake directly onto a cake stand, without having a cake base. Obviously each cake would have a cake board underneath. I just can't figure out the best way to deliver the cake and then transport it onto the stand. This weekend I have a two tier cake going onto a milk glass stand and in a few weeks I have a three tier cake going onto a stand that has a lip so a cake board wouldn't look the best. I am used to delivering all of my cakes stacked and I would prefer to keep it that way. 

Thanks!!

Ali 

4 replies
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 19 Jul 2013 , 9:54pm
post #2 of 5

AI do that every once in awhile, and I have my hubby drive me, while it rests on a cake dummy next to me in the back seat holding on to it and shifting it on curves or lifting gently over bumps, whatever it takes.

AZCouture Posted 19 Jul 2013 , 9:55pm
post #3 of 5

AThese are obviously already set up on the stands, I have them brought to me or I rent one of mine.

TheSugarLab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheSugarLab Posted 19 Jul 2013 , 10:01pm
post #4 of 5

Well the one for this weekend I know I won't be able to have delivered to me before had. Tomorrow is just a two tier cake so I'm not as concerned moving it while it is stacked. 

When you say it's resting on a dummy, do you have a dummy that is next and underneath the stand? 

AZCouture Posted 19 Jul 2013 , 10:50pm
post #5 of 5

ACake sitting on stand, stand sitting on dummy, me keeping it steady by holding onto the edge of the stand, and the leg. Can't think of what to call the bottom piece of the stand that supports the top flat part where the cake sits.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%