Something Fishy Going On..should I Care?

Decorating By shebysuz Updated 15 Nov 2013 , 4:02pm by shebysuz

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 27 Jul 2013 , 4:24pm
post #121 of 123

Well I really like Sheby's idea of oreo tires, they have more tread life

Shayesmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shayesmomma Posted 15 Nov 2013 , 12:03am
post #122 of 123

AI, too, live in Oregon and a few years back I looked into starting a home business. While the local authorities were REALLY ready to help me start, the Department of Agriculture said they require the kitchen be licensed which (at that time, at least) required no children or pets in the home. Maybe they've changed the rules? Overall, I would NOT be ok with someone claiming my work as theirs. But, another thing I'd worry about if she IS passing your cakes off as hers is the potential liability if something, God forbid, happened.... Good luck!

shebysuz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebysuz Posted 15 Nov 2013 , 4:02pm
post #123 of 123

AShayesmomma, thanks for the comment. I was able to get my kitchen licensed as a domestic kitchen in September. I had to have separate cabinets put in to store all my cake stuff, and also a separate small fridge for cake ingredients. Other than than that, they just want your kitchen and your food handling to be clean clean clean! They will NOT license a home where there are indoor pets, at least least not in Oregon. As for kids, the rule is that during operation hours no one else is allowed to be in the kitchen, no husband preparing lunch, no one using the kitchen for family use etc. I cake mainly at night when everyone is in bed so that part hasn't been an issue.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%