What Do You Think?

Decorating By thelittlecakery Updated 19 Jul 2013 , 8:30pm by j92383

thelittlecakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thelittlecakery Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 5:38am
post #1 of 16

AI'm going to try to make short. I injured myself and have an open compound fracture to my left ankle. Needless to say, I am unable to do anything for myself. I have had several people come to my house to help me do things. So I was thinking about baking and decorating some cupcakes and delivering them in a cute box with a special thank you note. Along with some cheesy line about caring for me seeing as I'll be out of commission for at least another 5 weeks. I had planned on making a couple different flavors and fillings. These would be cupcakes I would normally charge $5-$6. Does anyone think this is appropriate thank you gift?

15 replies
bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 6:05am
post #2 of 16

Sounds like a lovely way to say thankyou - especially if you are able to personalise them for each person.

Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 6:22am
post #3 of 16

A

Original message sent by bubs1stbirthday

Sounds like a lovely way to say thankyou - especially if you are able to personalise them for each person.

Agreed! So sorry to hear about your injury, that's wonderful that you have people willing to help you. Who doesn't love sweets?! And personalizing them is a nice added touch, definitely beats a thank you card!

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 7:03am
post #4 of 16

AI think it is a thoughtful gift, but I have to ask how it happened! That sort of injury is one of my worst fears, and sounds so painful! I have only broken my wrist, but the bone went into my hand, and I could see a sharp point under my skin.... Whew, but it was still under the skin! And I suppose we'll be seeing a lot of you on here for the next few weeks ;-)

Sweet_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Cakes Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 10:04am
post #5 of 16

If it was I, I would be delighted to get that gift!

I hope you get better soon!

thelittlecakery Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 1:55pm
post #6 of 16

Great, I appreciate all of your input.  I didn't want to just send a thank you card, it's lame and I don't know a single person who keeps them.  I figured since I am out of commission for about 5 more weeks, I could make cupcakes and decorate them, use pretty liners, make them look very unique for each person.  Thankfully, I can do that sitting down. lol.  I just wanted to make sure this gift wasn't seen as a cheesy gift since they all know I bake.

thelittlecakery Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 2:02pm
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

I think it is a thoughtful gift, but I have to ask how it happened! That sort of injury is one of my worst fears, and sounds so painful! I have only broken my wrist, but the bone went into my hand, and I could see a sharp point under my skin.... Whew, but it was still under the skin! And I suppose we'll be seeing a lot of you on here for the next few weeks icon_wink.gif

Long story short, my foot fell in a gopher hole and twisted (I'll leave out the gory details). I am a skydiver and after a great jump and good landing I was carrying my gear and noticed part of my parachute was dragging on the ground so I leaned over to pick it up and my foot slipped in heel first then twisted because of how my body was positioned. I could not see the stupid hole. icon_cry.gif  So yes, you will be seeing me quite a bit, and I apologize in advance for any posts that do not make sense, I am on pretty strong medications until I have the external fixator removed August 15.

JSKConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JSKConfections Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 2:12pm
post #8 of 16

OWCH!!!!! icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif  Feel better soon!

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 2:16pm
post #9 of 16

I'm sorry to hear about your injury! I think your gift idea is very thoughtful. Anyone can send a card. Something made with love especially for them is much more special.

thelittlecakery Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 2:22pm
post #10 of 16

Thank you all for your well wishes. It's only been a week and a half, and I am going stir crazy!

Annabakescakes Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 2:33pm
post #11 of 16

AI can't even imagine jumping out of a plane, landing alright, then breaking my ankle in a gopher hole...how ironic.

Annabakescakes Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 2:34pm
post #12 of 16

Aoh, i am so lazy that i would hate the pain, but relish not having to move for 6 weeks ;-D

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 19 Jul 2013 , 4:03pm
post #13 of 16

So Sorry this happen to you.  I personally would love this type of gift.  I agree with Elcee - anyone can send a card but your personal touch makes it special.

jennicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicake Posted 19 Jul 2013 , 5:06pm
post #14 of 16

I agree with the other comments, I would love to receive that kind of gift.  Very thoughtful!

sarahbakestudio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahbakestudio Posted 19 Jul 2013 , 5:13pm
post #15 of 16

As is the status quo, I think that would be a wonderful and personal thank you gift! :)

j92383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j92383 Posted 19 Jul 2013 , 8:30pm
post #16 of 16

I think that it is so cool that you sky dive. That's on the bucket list I have for if I'm diagnosed with a terminal disease or if I make it to the age of 70 : ) Any ways back to the original topic Baked goods are great way to say thank you and hope that you make a full recovery.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%