Wasc - Coconut And Buttercream/filling Recipe

Decorating By whiteangel Updated 18 Jul 2013 , 4:57pm by whiteangel

whiteangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whiteangel Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 11:54pm
post #1 of 6

I need help. 

I need a WASC coconut flavored cake that isn't sickly sweet - lightly sweet would be best.

I need a coconut flavored butter cream filling and can be used for dirty icing if there is any left over.

I cannot find coconut flavored pudding.  I did find some extract and of course coconut flakes.

Can someone give me a recipe that is based on WASC - I like the texture and density, that isn't so sweet you, but a good rich flavor of coconut.  For the filling/butter cream, again, a recipe that won't be overly sweet.

I prefer cakes that are barely sweet, as most icings and fillings make your teeth hurt even adding a good amount of melted salt!

Thanks in advance!

5 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 12:05am
post #2 of 6
icer101 Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 12:16am
post #3 of 6
whiteangel Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 1:47am
post #4 of 6

Thank you.  Might work.  Really wanted something that someone else has already tried to know that it was a good one.

icer101 Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 1:56am
post #5 of 6

OK, the one from macsmom is the one to go by. It has great reviews. All that make cake mix extenders, love her recipes . I have made her recipes and love them, but haven,t made the coconut. Looking at all the ingredients, you won,t go wrong, believe me!!!!  Look at her pics and then find the  Help, gourmet flavors thread on c/c and sit down for a while and read.The 2 threads i gave you were all about the coconut wasc and how people that used it tweeked it or used like macsmom wrote. Again, hth

whiteangel Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 4:57pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by icer101 

OK, the one from macsmom is the one to go by. It has great reviews. All that make cake mix extenders, love her recipes . I have made her recipes and love them, but haven,t made the coconut. Looking at all the ingredients, you won,t go wrong, believe me!!!!  Look at her pics and then find the  Help, gourmet flavors thread on c/c and sit down for a while and read.The 2 threads i gave you were all about the coconut wasc and how people that used it tweeked it or used like macsmom wrote. Again, hth

Thank you hon, appreciate it !!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%