Tall Bench Scrapers, For Ganaching And Buttercreaming Tall Cakes Uk

Baking By sausagedog123 Updated 1 Dec 2013 , 7:10pm by Alclimer

sausagedog123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sausagedog123 Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 10:00pm
post #1 of 3


I am hoping someone will be able to help me.

I have been trying to find a extra long stainless steel bench scraper for ganaching or butter creaming a tall tier cake. I am looking for a 20cm long one. 

I have seen a few online, but these shops are based in australia and do not deliver to the uk.

Does anyone know where I might be able to buy one?

Or even a company which might custom make one?

Many Thanks!

2 replies
morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 11:43pm
post #2 of 3

AI use what we call in America "spackle scrapers" it's for painting walls and things. We find it in the tool stores or home improvement stores. If you can find the paint aisle at your local tool store you'll see alot of choices & you can choose which one bests fits your needs

Alclimer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alclimer Posted 1 Dec 2013 , 7:10pm
post #3 of 3

I don't know if you already found one or not but "Fat Girl Cakes" sell two sizes an 8" and a 10"  (she delivers to UK). I've personally never used one before and I'm researching today to also ice a tall cake and I came across this thread.  I can't decide if I should go with an actual bench scraper or Wilton's icing smoother???  Here's her link.



Quote by @%username% on %date%