Marvelous Molds Are Awesome!

Decorating By dukeswalker Updated 25 Jul 2013 , 5:25am by LeTorte

dukeswalker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dukeswalker Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 6:45pm
post #1 of 6

This past weekend I had a cake where the bride wanted the look of lace appliques on a fondant covered cake - I debated piping, debated cutters and debated molds.  I finally chose to go with the latter and I am SO happy I did!  They were incredibly easy to work with.  I had a nylon sack of corn starch that I dusted each mold with before pressing a rolled out piece of fondant into it.  Then I dusted the backside with a smidge more cornstarch so that I could really press the piece into all the crevices without it sticking to my fingers.  Then, I flipped the mold over & I slowly peeled off one edge of the mold and the rest came out smoothly.  I was able to cut the molds apart to make various pieces to attach to the cake to add variety.  SO cool!

Absolutely adore Marvelous Molds!! So easy to work with!

5 replies
DebbyJG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebbyJG Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 7:00pm
post #2 of 6

AThat looks lovely! Good job! I have a lace covered wedding cake in two weeks and I'm looking forward to it. My favorite cake to date, the cake in my avatar, had lace covering it too. (Also made with lace molds). I think they look so pretty.

as you wish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
as you wish Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 7:09pm
post #3 of 6

ABeautiful!

LKing12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LKing12 Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 10:24pm
post #4 of 6

So, I have been considering doing one of these for a sample.  My question is-do the molds have to be removed before the cake can be cut?

dukeswalker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dukeswalker Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 10:29pm
post #5 of 6

Nope...they are just like adding fondant decor to your cake.  You are also able to make the molds fairly thin...Once I got the hang of it I realized just how thin you can make them. 

LeTorte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeTorte Posted 25 Jul 2013 , 5:25am
post #6 of 6

just saw it at cake camp in Henderson...MM was there...pretty cool!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%