Pink And Black Zebra Print Cake Made With Buttercream Icing.

Decorating By nsimpson Updated 15 Jul 2013 , 4:30pm by Baking Sis

nsimpson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nsimpson Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 6:27pm
post #1 of 7

AI am new on here and I always make my kids cakes for their birthday. This year my daughter had requested a pink and black zebra print cake with purple writing, made with buttercream icing. I had NO idea how I was going to accomplish this as I am by no means a perfect cake decorator. But I always try my best to give the kids exactly what they ask for. I found some very good posts on here and wanted to thank everyone for the posts and pictures they put up. My daughter was very excited and loved her cake! I will post a picture of how it turned out, again please keep in mind I am not a professional. I do this for fun and for my kids. I thought it turned out ok, but the main thing was how happy it made my daughter. :)) thank you again to everyone who posts in efforts to help those like me. :)[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3055167/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

6 replies
Jenna1588 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenna1588 Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 6:40pm
post #2 of 7

As long as your daughter loved it, who cares what any one else thinks. I think you've done a great job!

as you wish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
as you wish Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 7:17pm
post #3 of 7

ANice job! It is so nice to be able to make our kids happy, isn't it? :)

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 7:24pm
post #4 of 7

Yes, great job, nsimpson! PLUS, how totally sweet, you used CC as a resource to learn and then returned to say thank you. You're my newest favorite newbie!! I hope to see you here again as you continue to increase your cake decorating skills. 

jessicastott Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessicastott Posted 15 Jul 2013 , 12:12am
post #5 of 7

AThat is so funny! I am making a birthday cake for a katelyn on Tuesday and she wants pink and black zebra as well! I am doing pink buttercream but am going to do black fondant for the stripes. Your cake looks amazing though!

nsimpson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nsimpson Posted 15 Jul 2013 , 3:26pm
post #6 of 7

AThank you all for all the kind words and encouragement. It is the start of "birthday season" for my husband and I, between us we have 5 kiddos, all with birthdays in July, August and October. So I will most defiantly be checking back in to get more tips and post pics of the outcome. Thank you again to everyone, I absolutely love CC and am excited to be a part of this group.

Baking Sis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking Sis Posted 15 Jul 2013 , 4:30pm
post #7 of 7

You did a great job; bet all your kids are going to be super happy with the cakes you make!!   Keep baking, decorating and learning. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%