Which Brand Of Sugarpaste?

Decorating By Denise88 Updated 7 Jul 2013 , 9:50pm by Jenna1588

Denise88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denise88 Posted 7 Jul 2013 , 9:05pm
post #1 of 2

Hi All, I'm new to the world of covering cakes with sugar paste/fondant icing having previously only used buttercream to cover my kids birthday cakes. However, the other day I made my daughter a Duckie Cake using Dr Oetker ready to roll icing which I found great for covering the actual cake but way too soft for modelling the bits and pieces to decorate the cake with.  People also commented that the icing was way too sweet!


I didn't know about adding tylose/CMC powder to the fondant to make it more manageable to handle but is this something that people do or do people use a different type of icing?


At first I thought it's the brand of sugar paste that I'm using so I've looked online to see what others are using and have seen Renshaw's Regalice and PME Sugarpaste mentioned as great products.  I know it's all about personal preferences but what are people's opinions?  Thanks for any advice!

1 reply
Jenna1588 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenna1588 Posted 7 Jul 2013 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 2

AI just added tylose to Dr Oetker And you're right, its very sweet! I've bought renshaw instead. Living in the UK that seems the best I can get hold of.

Quote by @%username% on %date%