What Type Of Flower Cutters To Achieve These Small Delicate Flowers?

Decorating By Mary Baker Updated 7 Jul 2013 , 5:07am by Mary Baker

Mary Baker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mary Baker Posted 6 Jul 2013 , 9:48am
post #1 of 8

Hi, can anyone advise the type of flower cutters & tools I would need to enable me to create these little flowers.  Also would I need a template to create the swag effect.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.  Many  thanks

7 replies
Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 6 Jul 2013 , 10:27am
post #2 of 8

You can go to www.globalsugarart.com and look at the plunger cutter sets.  There were 3 (the Fox Run was out of stock, however) that I found:  flower blossom plunger cutter, set of 4, by PME for $19.99; Blossom/forget-me-not plunger set of 3, $16.99; or the Fox Run flower blossom plunger cutter, set of 4, for $9.99.  You can check other vendors also for different prices or the manufacturer.  Those look like what made the flowers in your pics.

Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 6 Jul 2013 , 10:42am
post #3 of 8

I would get the Clix Stix blossom cutter http://www.globalsugarart.com/search.php?q=clixstix, it cuts out multiple sizes very quickly and efficiently all at once. 

I use mine all the time , it saves so much time . I also tend to make up quite a few in advance , they are great to decorate plaques or to do a quick cake. 

Here is a cake I did with it. 

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 6 Jul 2013 , 12:20pm
post #4 of 8

they have the plunge cutter set in the Wilton flower making kit. Hydrangea and the little flowers pictured. The kit is $30. I used my Michael's 40% coupon.

tarttokig Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarttokig Posted 6 Jul 2013 , 1:21pm
post #5 of 8

To get the swag looking nice, you can use a circle cutter/bowl/glass and carefully make an indentation in the cake, and then use that indentation as a guide as to were to put the flowers. HTH

Mary Baker Posted 7 Jul 2013 , 5:03am
post #6 of 8

Thank you so much for this great tip. 

Mary Baker Posted 7 Jul 2013 , 5:04am
post #7 of 8

Many thanks for the information, I am going to look at these online.

Mary Baker Posted 7 Jul 2013 , 5:07am
post #8 of 8

Wow, what an amazing cake. Thank you so much for your help.  I really appreciate it.

Regards

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%