Cake Looks Raw

Decorating By katkat33 Updated 8 Jul 2013 , 12:49am by Rachie204

katkat33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katkat33 Posted 5 Jul 2013 , 4:35am
post #1 of 4

Hey not sure if this was discussed before. I looked and haven't found anything.  I baked my white cakes like normal, torted, filled and decorated them.  When it is cut it sometimes looks raw, when i cut the cake for filling it was fine.  It kind of looks like compressed or something.  Thanks in advance for your help.  I am very frustrated that this is happening sometimes but I am doing nothing different!

3 replies
Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 5 Jul 2013 , 4:49am
post #2 of 4

If it is fine when you torte it I would assume it is just appearing that way because it has soaked up the moisture from the buttercream or what ever you have filled it with.  (I dont really time my cakes....to test to see if they are done baking I press on the top of them with my finger...when the cake springs back I know it is cooked through...if it stays sunk down it needs to cook longer)....but it sounds like this is not a baking issue

katkat33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katkat33 Posted 5 Jul 2013 , 5:24am
post #3 of 4

I thought it may be the icing or the filling that did it. The filling was strawberry.  Is there anyway to prevent this from happening? 

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 12:49am
post #4 of 4

Just making sure it is ALL the way cool before you ice it.  Other than that I am not sure.  I use WASC and it tends to be a bit gummy at times as well. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%