Lounge By kaylawaylalayla Updated 8 Sep 2013 , 1:04am by Annabakescakes

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 4 Sep 2013 , 8:20pm
post #31 of 44

A spoon, most definitely a spoon.

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 4 Sep 2013 , 8:59pm
post #32 of 44

I would eat that cake with a spoon and I wouldn't share it. I am going to Ikea this weekend just to buy cake. Never thought I'd say that! I will sneak in the back door and go straight to the food, buy cake, and leave. I will not even look at furniture or cute accessories. Just cake. OK, maybe some cookies too.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 4 Sep 2013 , 9:16pm
post #33 of 44

I really want to make a gluten free white cake, and I have a bunch of egg yolks to use, so I could do the pastry cream. I may just go all out and make a GF princess cake :-)

But, I have no Marzipan! UG! I do have almond meal and honey.... Dang it, Imma hafta do this the old fashioned way! Make the almond paste, then the marzipan... This cake will be worth about 6 labor hours!

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 4 Sep 2013 , 9:16pm
post #34 of 44

ASo jealous lol. Wish I could convince my husband to go.

kaylawaylalayla Posted 4 Sep 2013 , 9:17pm
post #35 of 44

APlease sahre pics anna! Im sure it will turn out wonderful

Dayti Posted 4 Sep 2013 , 9:21pm
post #36 of 44

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaylawaylalayla 

So jealous lol. Wish I could convince my husband to go.

Husbands + Ikea = Divorce. The other advantage of going on your own of course is you can start eating the cake in the car park. 

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 4 Sep 2013 , 9:40pm
post #37 of 44

AOmg that is so true. Mine just refuses to go now, which means I can spend more...

Annabakescakes Posted 4 Sep 2013 , 9:42pm
post #38 of 44

Quote:

Please sahre pics anna! Im sure it will turn out wonderful

If I go all out, I guess I will have to take pictures just to prove it, because no one I know will believe it, since I am one LAZY B!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayti 

Quote:

So jealous lol. Wish I could convince my husband to go.

Husbands + Ikea = Divorce. The other advantage of going on your own of course is you can start eating the cake in the car park. 

AND YOU KNOW THIS, (WO)MAN!! lol (I was channeling Chris Tucker, lol) I eat in my car all the time, then go throw out the evidence before I get home!

Dayti Posted 4 Sep 2013 , 9:48pm
post #39 of 44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

If I go all out, I guess I will have to take pictures just to prove it, because no one I know will believe it, since I am one LAZY B!

AND YOU KNOW THIS, (WO)MAN!! lol (I was channeling Chris Tucker, lol) I eat in my car all the time, then go throw out the evidence before I get home!

I'm going to have to do that with this cake, I can hardly come home with a box with half a cake left!

Dayti Posted 4 Sep 2013 , 9:50pm
post #40 of 44

Quote:

Oh, and I've never made marzipan but just found this recipe online - no cooking involved, I'm not sure how to make a traditional marzipan or even if you are supposed to cook it, but it might not take you 6 hours...so you can make, photograph, eat your cake and photograph the slice, quicker.  http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/8164/easy-vanilla-marzipan

kaylawaylalayla Posted 4 Sep 2013 , 9:57pm
post #41 of 44

A

Original message sent by Dayti

Hah! I don't drive, I have seizures lol. But I would probably find a nice 400 sq ft apartment mock up to eat in. :p.

Nadiaa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nadiaa Posted 7 Sep 2013 , 9:23am
post #42 of 44

Squeeee! Princess Cake! We have Miss Maud's Swedish Cakehouses here in Australia and I used to request a Princess Cake for my birthday every single year! It is just amazing, I might have to make one now I don't live near a Miss Maud :) 

*sigh* Princess Cake :princess:

Annabakescakes Posted 8 Sep 2013 , 1:03am
post #43 of 44

Quote:

Quote:

I'm going to have to do that with this cake, I can hardly come home with a box with half a cake left!

OH NO! I would tell you to send me the other half, but I guess it is gone now :-(

I get Popeye's Chicken or dessert, and I even roll the windows down a bit to get rid of the fried chicken smell :-)

Annabakescakes Posted 8 Sep 2013 , 1:04am
post #44 of 44

Quote:

Quote:

Oh, and I've never made marzipan but just found this recipe online - no cooking involved, I'm not sure how to make a traditional marzipan or even if you are supposed to cook it, but it might not take you 6 hours...so you can make, photograph, eat your cake and photograph the slice, quicker.  http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/8164/easy-vanilla-marzipan

I really am going to do it, just not right now... I had 2 3 tier weddings, and a groom's cake this week, and I still need to make crackers....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%