Collapsing Semi-Homemade Cupcakes

Baking By HajraK Updated 4 Jul 2013 , 12:11am by HajraK

HajraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HajraK Posted 3 Jul 2013 , 10:34pm
post #1 of 3

Hey all,

I recently tried to cupcake recipes, one for mango, the other for chocolate chip cookie dough. Both start off with a mix but add other things to doctor it up (pudding mix, mango puree etc.). Both cupcakes are REALLY delicious when you taste them, but appearance-wise..eh not so much. They always seem to collapse when cooling on a rack (or even when you pull them out of the oven sometimes).

My from scratch cupcakes always dome nicely.

Does anyone have a possible reason for why this happens and a possible solution for it?

Thanks!

2 replies
AndreasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AndreasCakes Posted 3 Jul 2013 , 11:25pm
post #2 of 3

It could be a number of things.

If you're not cooking them all the way through, they'll sink.

Cupcakes collapse on themselves when they're over filled. Remember, you're adding heavier ingredients to the cake and it might not be able to support it's weight when it gets that high. Try filling your liners a little lower.

HajraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HajraK Posted 4 Jul 2013 , 12:11am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasCakes 

It could be a number of things.

If you're not cooking them all the way through, they'll sink.

Cupcakes collapse on themselves when they're over filled. Remember, you're adding heavier ingredients to the cake and it might not be able to support it's weight when it gets that high. Try filling your liners a little lower.

Hmmm..well they are cooking all the way through..at least they dont taste like raw cake batter or anything. But I kind of see your point about the liners being overfilled, at least for my chocolate cupcakes. Those are quite big cupcakes. But strangely enough, the mango ones are quite small (almost even smaller than average size), they just dont rise well. I wonder if this would be because of the batter being more liquid than usual?

Thanks for the comments!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%