Transportation With And Use Of Wilton Crystal-Clear Divider Set

Decorating By bakedinfsj Updated 2 Jul 2013 , 9:31pm by CWR41

bakedinfsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakedinfsj Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 5:34pm
post #1 of 3

Hello all, 

I recently purchased the wilton crystal clear divider set for a wedding I am doing this summer and I am wondering about transportation with the cake. Would it be best to travel with it unassembled or am I able to transport the cake assembled? It is going to be a three tier cake covered in fondant and silk leaves, ideally I would like to assemble it at my bakery; however, I am very afraid of transporting a cake assembled as I have never done it before. If anyone has any advice on this, and any recommendations for this divider set, it would be greatly appreciated. This is not my first wedding cake, however, this is the first one I have done for a client who isn't a friend so I want to make sure all of my ducks are in a row. 

The location is about a five minute drive, so not far, but it does require walking up stairs. 

Again, any tips on the use of this set would be great :)

2 replies
Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 5:44pm
post #2 of 3

I use the SPS system for larger cakes

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 9:31pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakedinfsj 

Would it be best to travel with it unassembled or am I able to transport the cake assembled?

You may find it helpful to read the reviews:

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E3143DE-475A-BAC0-52E8E24115E1EED0&killnav=1

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%