3D Cake Flop?

Baking By Mona Updated 21 Sep 2005 , 6:23pm by freddie

Mona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mona Posted 17 Sep 2005 , 10:23am
post #1 of 9

Help! I just made a 3D lamb cake as I was putting the icing on the head fell off and it was hollow. Is this the way it is supposed to be? I'm trying to make a unicorn for my neice, the party is Sat at 3.
Thanks so much! icon_cry.gif
Mona

8 replies
Lemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemondrop Posted 17 Sep 2005 , 11:15am
post #2 of 9

I'm so sorry. I've never used this pan before, but I've heard the same story from a few people. The hollow part is new....is shouldn't be hollow. Probably a huge bubble. The only advice I can give you is, if the one you have now can' t be salvaged, then try putting pudding in with your cake mix(if you used a cake mix) and put a dowel in through the head...to hold it. I hope this makes sense.

Good luck.....let us know what happened.

Mona Posted 17 Sep 2005 , 1:57pm
post #3 of 9

Well I made another one. Stayed up all night and Im sure the same thing is going to happen it feels too soft. I used a cake mix W/pudding. Im not sure I have enouggh time to make another one. I think I will give up and go buy a center peice for my base of green grass. I thought it would so cute.

Thanks for your advise.
Mona icon_smile.gif

twindees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twindees Posted 17 Sep 2005 , 2:27pm
post #4 of 9

I think you needed a pound cake something more on the dense side. Acake mix is to soft of a cake for the stand up pans. (I think) When I did the Pooh stand up with a cake mix the head also fell off, but when I did it with a pound cakr it worked just fine.

Mona Posted 17 Sep 2005 , 2:49pm
post #5 of 9

I think I will try one more time.I have until this afternoon to finish. I just hate not to finish the cake the unicorn would look so good on top of the cake.
Thanks! Thanks ! Thanks!
icon_smile.gif

Mona Posted 17 Sep 2005 , 5:48pm
post #6 of 9

Yes! I think the pound cake worked now if it would just cool.
Thanks so much!
Mona icon_biggrin.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Sep 2005 , 6:02pm
post #7 of 9

Mona,

Pop it in the fridge to cool!!!

Mona Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 12:28am
post #8 of 9

Thanks,
All the help was wonderful!
icon_biggrin.gif Mona

freddie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddie Posted 21 Sep 2005 , 6:23pm
post #9 of 9

Hi Mona,
I use this pan several times with no problems. I use the doctored cake mix with pudding and an extra egg and it holds up well. I tap it a couple of times to make sure the batter is down. I think alot of the stability comes from cooling according to the directions. Just recently did Tiger Cubs using this pan they are posted in my photos and they turned out great. If I am transporting I put a dowel through the head and down.

hope this helps
RaeMarie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%