Upside Down Method For Ganaching A Square Cake

Decorating By AlicesMadBatter Updated 27 Jun 2013 , 3:54pm by AlicesMadBatter

AlicesMadBatter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlicesMadBatter Posted 27 Jun 2013 , 3:32pm
post #1 of 5

Anyone ever tried this?  I have seen it done with a round cake where the ganache is lined up with the cake board underneath.  Do you then attach this to a cake drum for presentation?  I am a visual person and was wondering if anyone has a video or photo tutorial of how to use the upside down method when ganaching a cake, preferably a square one!  Thanks!!

4 replies
AlicesMadBatter Posted 27 Jun 2013 , 3:34pm
post #2 of 5

http://sugarsweetcakesandtreats.blogspot.com/2010/05/covering-cake-in-ganache.html

I love this method but am not sure how to do it with a square cake!

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 27 Jun 2013 , 3:42pm
post #3 of 5

You would do it the same way, but using square cake boards. There is actually a lesson on cakemasters.com by Linda Harden of Whimsical bakehouse. But you might find some free youtube videos also.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 27 Jun 2013 , 3:45pm
post #4 of 5
AlicesMadBatter Posted 27 Jun 2013 , 3:54pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you Daytl and FlourPots.  I will check out Linda's lesson, and I love the torta couture tutorial.  I will see if I can make it happen. I would have to cut the cake boards to size because I am making a shoe box and will be cutting my 11x15 cake layers to size.  Do I just cut them 1/2" bigger length and height wise? How much bigger are the cake boards vs cake usually?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%