Oven Temp

Decorating By chezzabelle Updated 26 Jun 2013 , 12:36pm by chezzabelle

chezzabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chezzabelle Posted 26 Jun 2013 , 7:43am
post #1 of 5

AHello bakers, I was just wondering how does it take a gas oven (i am in the U.K) to get to temp? I am using a oven themometer and just wondering how long it normally takes to get to the correct temp and stay on the correct temp on the dial

4 replies
suzied Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzied Posted 26 Jun 2013 , 9:42am
post #2 of 5

Not sure of what you are trying to say.....  I have just started using an oven thermometer (aldi brand)  to reach 180 C  it takes about 18minutes to preheat to that temperature on electric (not gas)

chezzabelle Posted 26 Jun 2013 , 9:51am
post #3 of 5

AOhhh ok, i just meant i put the oven on a low gas mark the other day and it reach 140(the temp i wanted) on theremometer but by the time i had finished mixing my cake batter it was at 150 so didnt know how long to leave it in the oven while preheating to settle at the right temp if you know what i mean

Jenna1588 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenna1588 Posted 26 Jun 2013 , 12:00pm
post #4 of 5

I use electric, I put my oven on just as I'm putting my mix into the tin or cases and by the time I've finished its hot enough. I think gas takes a little longer. Probably 10-15 mins. Try putting it on when you start mixing, check temp when you've finished but before you put mix in tin/cases and adjust the temp as needed. You'll just have to play about with it a little. Sorry can't be much more use! X 

chezzabelle Posted 26 Jun 2013 , 12:36pm
post #5 of 5

AThanks for you advice :-)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%