Does This Feeling Ever End?

Lounge By Norasmom Updated 24 Jun 2013 , 12:09pm by mcaulir

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 24 Jun 2013 , 1:09am
post #1 of 7

Every time I deliver I cake I am so anxious about whether or not the people I am delivering it to will like it.  I can see all of the mistakes I make on the cakes buttercream not smooth enough, gumpaste character looks just okay!).  People always look happy to see my cakes and tell me they were great, but I still always feel like I wish the cake were "perfect."   Is this common?

6 replies
manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 24 Jun 2013 , 1:58am
post #2 of 7

AVery much so! I made a friends wedding cake a couple of months ago (it was a fair-ish trade; his band played at my wedding for free) and while I could see all the bobos I received more compliments on that cake than any other cake I've done. One woman(who used to do cakes) picked up one of my sugar flowers and was shocked when it broke b/c she thought it was a real flower! We are our own worst critics.

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 24 Jun 2013 , 2:11am
post #3 of 7

Oh yeah!  I have been making cakes and teaching decorating for more than 10 yrs now.  I still hold my breath.  We are our own worst critics.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 24 Jun 2013 , 8:47am
post #4 of 7

AFelt it the whole way to Magnolia Plantation last night.

Even when I think I've done a great job, I worry that the client will like it.

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 24 Jun 2013 , 9:26am
post #5 of 7

Have to say that on the weekend, I did a wedding cake (the one with the pink ruffles), and when I drove away, I thought, 'Nailed it!'

But that is the first time.

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 24 Jun 2013 , 11:55am
post #6 of 7

So glad to know I'm not alone!  Mcaulir, glad you nailed it!!  I cant wait for that moment someday!

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 24 Jun 2013 , 12:09pm
post #7 of 7

Well, you know - 4 years into this! I was just happy that it made it - I had to drive it in pieces an hour across the city - driving like an old man in a hat the whole way (slow male drivers are always wearing a hat).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%