1 Hour Drive In July Need To Keep Cupcakes From Melting

Baking By smile22 Updated 24 Jun 2013 , 2:51am by sewlo

smile22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smile22 Posted 23 Jun 2013 , 4:28pm
post #1 of 2

so i am doing cucpcakes for my cousin and his new wifes wedding reception party they are having.. i am using my raspberry butter cream which is 6 cups of sifted powder sugar 2 sticks of butter and a half a cup of raspberry jam. i usually refridge my cupcakes and take them out right before i am leaving to the event.. but this time the distance will be much  farther they will be transported in a jeep in the trunk area that has one of those pull covers.

anything i could add to stablize the buttercream?

would getting those bags u see at the grocery store to keep things cold work? i am transporting 3 dozen cupcakes  should i get those bags and then put like ice packs in seperate plastic bag on top of the insulated cold bags work? i am also planning on keeping the cupcakes in the insulated bags then placing a sheat over it then the bags of ice would that work?

i am trying to find the best method possible i had made cake pops yesterday for a party i was going to and on the way to the party they started to melt cake pops needed more firming up. and i dont want my cupcakes to do the same 

1 reply
sewlo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewlo Posted 24 Jun 2013 , 2:51am
post #2 of 2

AI find the best way to transport cupcakes, especially only 3 dozen, is put them in plastic clamshell containers in a cooler with ice packs. I usually just put them in bags and keep the AC on high in the car. If you're concerned about sun, you could buy those ice pack sheets and place them on top of the cupcakes as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%