Anna Von Marburg

Lounge By Stitches Updated 2 Jul 2013 , 3:03am by enlaist

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 23 Jun 2013 , 2:12pm
post #1 of 8

Does anyone have a website link for her?

7 replies
Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 23 Jun 2013 , 2:15pm
post #2 of 8

I don't think she has one. Does she have more than one book? I had her 'Cakes in Bloom' book but I sold it.

Stitches Posted 23 Jun 2013 , 5:19pm
post #3 of 8

Yes, she published 2 books. I was looking through her Cakes in Bloom book last night, because I remember how it had a big impact on my years ago...........and I was wondering whatever happened to her. I was hoping I'd find even more great work from her, but I didn't get anywhere with a google search.

She's kind of like Maggie Austin (to me) and I wondered if she still did ground breaking designs.

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 23 Jun 2013 , 11:37pm
post #4 of 8

The second book is available  used for a penny plus postage from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1865088250/?tag=cakecentral-20+von+Marburg

Cakes in Bloom is available for 26 cents plus postage.

Stitches Posted 24 Jun 2013 , 1:12am
post #5 of 8

Thanks, I already own both. The question is where is she, what is she up to, where can I see some current work of hers?

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 24 Jun 2013 , 1:53am
post #6 of 8

I don't know. I just was unfamiliar with her and her books and thought there might be others unfamiliar as well.

Stitches Posted 24 Jun 2013 , 2:19am
post #7 of 8

You have to get old to realize how much things have changed in cake decorating. With-out boring you to death.......she was cool!! Her flowers back then just blew me away, they were so lively compared to the stiff formal stuff everyone else was doing then. I can't help but wonder how she's grown as a artist..........I'd like to see her current work. She was like Maggie Austin to me, in the day.

enlaist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enlaist Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 3:03am
post #8 of 8
Arena ladder battle group will no longer be classified. Like Rated Battlegrounds and the general battlefield, all the arena will be cross-regional pairings. Now you can challenge any opponent!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%