I'm New To This Site, So I'm Hoping Everyone Will Help Me!

Decorating By paitonsmommy Updated 22 Jun 2013 , 2:55am by paitonsmommy

paitonsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paitonsmommy Posted 22 Jun 2013 , 1:17am
post #1 of 6

I'm fairly new to this whole cake decorating thing but I've opened up my own cake decorating business where I do treats and cakes and cupcakes and cookies and yeah. Well I have a friend who has asked me to do not her wedding cake, but do a groom's cake for her soon-to-be husband. I really want to do it for her to get my name out there and also because I would love to try it out! I'm a little stuck on how I would do the piano keys on this cake (how to make it 'staircase' like that) and what size pans I should use to get the right looking tiers. Any help possible would be greatly appreciated!

Oh- and there are music notes on the bottom tier that I'm not quite sure how to do. It looks like they puff out a little but I don't know where to find any sort of stencil so I'm not sure how to do it.

Thank you sooo much and here is the cake I'm trying to do: (not due til september)

-Ki

5 replies
paitonsmommy Posted 22 Jun 2013 , 1:42am
post #2 of 6

i just would like to know how to make the bottom that big and the top that big and then how to make the 'staircase' keyboard part like that. any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 22 Jun 2013 , 1:48am
post #3 of 6

AThere's a tutorial on this site that shows how to do the spiral type cakes. It requires carving and a lot of toothpicks.

The notes aren't stencils; they're hand piped.

paitonsmommy Posted 22 Jun 2013 , 1:50am
post #4 of 6

so the notes are just made dimensional? i guess i was just hoping there was a little stencil to do it because my music notes aren't too great, but thank you so much for your help. i really really appreciate it!

manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 22 Jun 2013 , 1:53am
post #5 of 6

AYou can always use a mold to make the notes if you don't want to pipe them. I think Costumeczar has some on her etsy site.

paitonsmommy Posted 22 Jun 2013 , 2:55am
post #6 of 6

thank you all SO much! i really appreciate all the help!

-kiicon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%