Swiss Meringue Buttercream...

Decorating By debidehm Updated 22 Aug 2013 , 10:06pm by fillylily

NJsugarmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NJsugarmama Posted 22 Aug 2013 , 1:14pm
post #31 of 34


Original message sent by fillylily

Thanks for the tip NJsugarmama. But pardon me for being ignorant but what is contact paper? And where can i buy it from.

If you're in the States, go to Target in the kitchen organization isle. It is traditionally used for lining the bottom of your kitchen/bathroom cabinets. It's pretty cheap and less hassle than using fondant.

Not an ignorant question:)

anavillatoro1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anavillatoro1 Posted 22 Aug 2013 , 2:43pm
post #32 of 34

AGood info

shebysuz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebysuz Posted 22 Aug 2013 , 9:49pm
post #33 of 34

Re: covering a cake board w/ contact paper- you can also use clear contact paper over any decorative wrapping paper. just cut your wrapping paper circle to size, glue to board w/ glue stick, and lay clear contact paper on top to laminate it. Then trim and add ribbon to border

fillylily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fillylily Posted 22 Aug 2013 , 10:06pm
post #34 of 34

AOh that contact paper! Haha. I know that kind. I just didnt think i could use it. I thought you always have to use something edible. Thank you very much for the info guys. Now I know. :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%